Scubapro Frameless Classic vs. Atomic Frameless Ultraclear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had both the Atomic and the Scubapro frameless. The viewing angle of the Atomic is huge compared to the Scubapro. If it fits you, you'll love it. But from a group of 3 divers that I know, I was the only one with a reasonable fit of the Atomic (it still leaks a few drops in the nose area, but it is ok). The others were getting too much water inside to enjoy it.

Having owned my Atomic Frameless for some time now but never really using it very much, since I dive minimalist vintage 90% of the time, I finally made a series of dives using the Atomic over the weekend. I have come to the conclusion that this type of mask is the finest mask on the planet. By that I mean, this genre of mask, low volume, single pane, framless, is a superior design concept. Light, huge field of vision, good sealing, easy to clear, easy to clear the ears, feels good, sleek, simple design. I think the Scuba Pro new frameless designs and similar masks should be just as good.

For non vintage diving I am now rotating my two Mares X Vision (one clear, one black) to second string back up, the Atomic Frameless is now my starter.

N

Thanks for all the help. I went with the Scubapro Classic frameless after trying and liking the fit and you can never go worng with the classic that's been around. I guess it's true "if it's not broken don't fix it". Thanks all

Well just because I feel like adding I have both masks.

I like the fit on the Atomic better and the FOV is better as well. The Scubapro to me isnt as comfortable but they are both great masks. I like the mask strap on the Scubapro better especially when paired with their strap pad.

I am hoping some could give me some more insight on which I should go with. I looking at purchasing a mask and have gotten to my to top picks. I have been reading and looking at both the Scubapro Frameless Classic and the Atomic Frameless Ultraclear. I notice from every where that I have been reading that people love both masks but I am trying to get some insight as which would be better for me. Any help is appreciated.

Which ever one fits best. Comfort and not leaking is the most important benefit of any mask regardless of cost. I own both.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom