ScubaPro DIN fittings works across the full line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
ScubaPro DIN fittings works across the full line?

If I have a MK2 DIN fitting, will it go in the MK17 or MK25 first stages as well?

I know the "generic 300 BAR SP DIN conversion will fit the MK-2, MK-15 & MK-17 (possibly the MK-10, but the MK-5 will need modification). No experience with MK-20/25 (don't own them), but I think I read it will - check the Q&A on LP's site regarding the conversion part. I know there were questions asked regarding this, but I didn't pay attention to it.

No, some of the retainers may be different. If you have the "universal retainer" which mount the sealing o-ring either on the end or on the side, then it should work with all current models. The Mk5, for example, is not compatible.

Part #10.045.030 fits MK10, MK11, MK14, MK16, MK17, MK18, MK20, MK25
Part #10.044.030 fits MK2 only
I think Master away has his magic to cross-fit the items, but that requires a bit of work.

Zung is right on the money!

I think Master away has his magic to cross-fit the items, but that requires a bit of work.

What's the difference between those parts?

Zung is right on the money!

It looks to me like both those part numbers are the current din conversion kits which use the universal din retainer. If that is the case, then the conversion kits differ only in the sealing o-ring and the spacer for the Mk2. The rest of the parts should be common. The universal retainer will accept the Mk2 o-ring (01.050.158) in the groove on the side of the retainer or the Mk10/11/..../25 o-ring (01.050.347) that fits in the recess on the end. Older din kits did not use the universal din retainer and are only suitable for either the side or the end o-ring, but not both.

I have a Scubapro technical service schematic that shows Part #10-400-030 for (MK9, MK10, MK15), Part # 10-043-030 for (MK2, MK3, MK200), Part #10-105-030 for (MK5). I believe these part numbers pre-date the "universal" DIN connector. I have tried the "universal" connector on a MK10 and a newer Mk2 and they work fine.

I believe the MK5 DIN connector uses a outside retaining clip to put the torque on the saddle like the yoke nut would. Has anyone tried fitting a retaining clip in the smaller outside groove of the "universal" connector for use on a MK5. The only problem I see with the "universal" connector being used on the MK5 is that it bottoms out on the DIN wheel if the saddle is left on and bottoms in the hole like a MK10 etc. if the saddle is left off.

"universal" left, MK5 right

IMG-20130702-01642.jpgMK5 DIN.jpg

Last edited:
My apologies to Master awap, the auto-spelling butchered His Name. :)
And yes, the part numbers I quoted are from the current stock.

Back
Top Bottom