Scubapro Classic Plus BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvdiving

Contributor
Reaction score
An hour South of Mosul, Iraq or Ft Wayne, Indiana
I use one and love it for the comfort, lift and fit. I also really like the new integrated weight system with the buckle verses the velcro fastner system used on all the rest. I don't see many other board members that report using one.

Have you used one (full stab. jacket style) in past and switched?

Was cost a factor?

Have you never used one?:boom:

My first bc was a classic (pre-wgt integrated). It was a very durable, dependable bc. Never had any trouble with it. I changed to a back flotation (super-hawk) because I found it was easier for me to maintain trim. Additionally, I found the jacket style a pain to don with a shoulder-zipped drysuit.

I still use the old classic in the river. If I snag on something, I'm not upset because I got more than my money's worth from it.

If you have any connections with Scubapro I would appreciate it if you would ask them why they make the double black/ classic so long. They are two inches longer than the original stab from 1978. They are also quite a bit bulkier with all the pockets and stuff. The extra length overrides my weight belt and attachments.

Some of the "tropical" jackets that I remember from a few years ago were shorter but the arm holes were too large. The extra room makes the tank move up against the head or slump down around the butt.

I realize that the present generation is taller but couldn't Scubapro introduce a regular size large as opposed to the one they offer today which is a Large/long?

:)
Yup!
I use one. I have had it for a little over a year now.
The weight attachment system is what sold me on it. (and the metal cam-lock for the tank strap)
The jacket should last for a number of years of diving.
I don't think the Velcro attachment systems found on some of the other BC's will last as long as the BC itself.

Happy (Safe) Diving!
Vettster

I have a Classic NT, no complains about it even though I do not use it often.

I love my classic with one exception, the weight integration velcro pockets are NG with over 8 lbs. in each. I have dropped a pocket a few times when I added additional weight that I need for my dry suit.All velcro weight integration BC's have this flaw. If you need alot of weight you should look into the new style with the snap releases. good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom