Scubapro Balanced Power Inflator(BPI) Worth the cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SP inflator valve working principle is not much different than the standard K inflator valve.
The standard K inflator valve is even easier to service, stronger and cheaper.
A shared feature of both is that they do not use those damned schreader valves.

I’ve never had a problem with any inflator I ever had. And I’ve never serviced any inflator I’ve ever had, I just use them, rinse them well out both the air inlet and the oral inflator, and they just work.
The day they stop working is when I’ll pull it apart and fix it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
One of my buddies used to get his inflator serviced at his LDS all the time and it always had problems.

He also got them to try and service a classic Scubapro SPG from the 80’s which worked fine and didn’t need to be messed with. It was a sister gauge to the one I had. They destroyed it trying to get it apart and there was no reason for it. That one pissed me off, because I’m the one that gave it to him.
Just a side rant since we’re talking about inflators and LDS’s servicing stuff.

I personally like the Aqualung inflator better, at least when wearing thick gloves. Maybe it's just that I've dove them more, but I like that the buttons are on different sides and impossible to confuse no matter how thick your gloves are. Now, I've never had a serious issue with the Scubapro, but I have always found it a little annoying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom