Scubapro Balanced Adjustable - have you seen this version?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, Aqualung didn't improve the design. They "modified" to keep someone from dying.
I guess it depends upon perspective but that sounds like an improvement to me :cheers:.

James

I've just acquired a really nice Scubapro 2nd stage. I know it's at least a 156 but most all of this model I've seen have a chrome face plate and "Balanced Adjustable" printed on them. The "Mark X Dual Balanced" version, that I've read was only available in Europe, has a matte finish on the face plate and a chrome body. This one I've just purchased has a chrome body and a matte face plate that has "Balanced Adjustable" on it and I've never seen one of this flavor so please enlighten me on what I might have exactly. Hopefully it's not just a hodge podge of leftover parts as I probably paid more than I should for it. I've attached a couple of pic's for clarity. Please let me know what you think.....
Thanks JP

Attachments

• 156_001.JPG
    156_001.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 156_002.JPG
    156_002.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 49
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like a "hodge podge." The knob is from a 109. On a 156 the knob was either as per photo below, or a black plastic knob as found most commonly on a G250. The rubber diaphragm cover "looks" like a 109 too, it's a bit hard to tell from the photo, if the holes are round and spaced further apart they are from a 109, the 156 had rectangular holes spaced closer together. The face plate and case could be a match, I've seen genuine 156 with satin covers and bright chrome cases.

99420CB6-CEC1-4810-8E91-21619A22E48C.jpeg

39AFC2B0-734B-409F-B957-DA0C8DBA5888.jpeg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like a "hodge podge." The knob is from a 109. On a 156 the knob was either as per photo below, or a black plastic knob as found most commonly on a G250. The rubber diaphragm cover "looks" like a 109 too, it's a bit hard to tell from the photo, if the holes are round and spaced further apart they are from a 109, the 156 had rectangular holes spaced closer together. The face plate and case could be a match, I've seen genuine 156 with satin covers and bright chrome case.

View attachment 759019

View attachment 759020
Thanks for responding ... Yeah, these are a couple of pics I screen grabbed from the listing. I'll have to take a closer look when it finally arrives. If nothing else, it's still pretty ..... lol ....

And it's metal 😁
That's a big plus. I have 4 other standard 109's and a couple of 108's. Even a 108HP that I was hoping to pair up with this BA to complete my HP set so we'll see. I'm hoping that they needed to replace a couple of parts and couldn't find any original ones so they settled for standard 109 parts .... one can only hope ....

Parts to convert are not too hard to find. I can get them but am at present not doing orders but that may change in a month or so.

A year or so ago I was offering all parts needed to newly update the 109 but there was very little interest so gave up. You need .141 lever, .216/.218 spring and balance chamber. I was offering new orifices too as these are often toast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom