Scubapro Automatic Decompression Meter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmandiver

Reaction score
:confused: I just purchased a Scubapro Automatic Decompression Meter at an estate sale. I am trying to find out any information about it that I can. I would especally like to get a copy of the owners manuel if anyone has a copy. The patent date for it is 1966. Thanks for your help in advance.

seahunter - I seem to remember he's into old diving collectables

welcome by the way!

Big dial in the center top? Used to affectionately be called the Bend-O-Matic...

It's a great collectable, but don't rely on it. PM your mailing address to me and I'll send you some technical information.

Interesting concept and essentially used what amounted to a one compartment decompression model. Rather than using a computer model it used a filter to control the passage of air from the pressurized side of the meter to the side with the needle. The longer and deepr you were down the farther the needle went.

I never actually knew anyone who used it, the crowd I dove with was just too skeptical, and in this case with good reason. They come up fpor sale frequently on E-bay and go for pretty reasonable money, $25 to $50 or so, and are available in both both US and Metric versions. The US versions seem to bring a little more money at auction.

Not sure if this is a way to get back to you but I'll try it. I have one of these meters which I've heard called a benzomatic. Not that I'll use it but I would like some technical info on it. Mine looks exactly the same as the picture of the one on E Bay, It even has the black particals floating around in it .
Tom Smith divertom20@yahoo.com. At 82 years young, last week I made 2 60 ft dives at Breezes Curacao. Would have done more but because of a cold I had problems clearing my ears.

Back
Top Bottom