ScubaPro and their free parts program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Whats the official word on SP's free parts program? I cant seem to find it on their site. Also, how liberal are they with it? (Can I go 14 months and still get my free parts?)

They are not as liberal as they used to be. You cannot be more than 30 days past
the previous year. If you are, you will have to pay full price for this year and
you can be reinstated for next year.

Whats the official word on SP's free parts program? I cant seem to find it on their site. Also, how liberal are they with it? (Can I go 14 months and still get my free parts?)

If you pay retail for a Scubapro regulator you might make back your several hundred dollar mark up after eight years or so. That assumes you never miss that annual maintenance period even once. Since essentially no one does that the program is primarily dollars for Scubapro and not for you. Which is not to say they are not good regs. But are they a good value?

IMO annual maintenance is BS. Maintenance should be based on the number of dives, not some random span of time. If one puts 100 dives on a reg in three months it would be wise to get service more often than once a year. If one puts 20 dives on a reg in a year, than service likely can be done every three years or so.

Orings do dry out, but it takes a LOT more than one year. IMO base the service interval on the amount of diving done, not some random amount of time. I have my reg serviced where they replace only the parts needed to be replaced. On my second service (at about three years) they hardly replace anything, so that gives you some idea of what is really needed vs. the status quo,

If you take good care of your regulator, i.e. rinse it after each diving day and SOAK it overnight after each diving trip, it can go a long time….3-5 years maybe more before it requires a rebuild. What/who determines if it needs a rebuild? You do by inspecting and checking it. Keeping track of it's performance is also a good indicator. See this thread for good information from the usual suspects.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/260452-regulator-checklist-inspection.html

Eliminator, you have the best avatar on SB.

Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom