Scubapro Alu BPW what inflator hose to use with Air2.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive with a Scubapro Alum BPW with STA.
1st stage is a Scubapro mk17
2nd stage is a Scubapro s600
2ndary air source is a Scubapro Air2.

with this kind of setup, what's the correct length of the inflator hose? + QD

right now I measured the hose at 26inches including the QD. At this length. i know im still too long. but the bow is just a bit towards the back.

some would advise 22in + QD (2in approx) getting a total of 24in. which im sure will be an improvement to what i have now... which is 2 inch shorter from my existing.

but there are also some who advised me on an 18in + QD(2in approx) getting a total of 20in. which is about 6inches shorter to where I am now... im not sure if this will work..

so which one?

I dive with a Scubapro Alum BPW with STA.
1st stage is a Scubapro mk17
2nd stage is a Scubapro s600
2ndary air source is a Scubapro Air2.

with this kind of setup, what's the correct length of the inflator hose? + QD

right now I measured the hose at 26inches including the QD. At this length. i know im still too long. but the bow is just a bit towards the back.

some would advise 22in + QD (2in approx) getting a total of 24in. which im sure will be an improvement to what i have now... which is 2 inch shorter from my existing.

but there are also some who advised me on an 18in + QD(2in approx) getting a total of 20in. which is about 6inches shorter to where I am now... im not sure if this will work..

so which one?
Put it on, with something about the same thickness of whatever exposure protection you use, have someone measure it, my guess is 20” oal is pretty close.

Put it on, with something about the same thickness of whatever exposure protection you use, have someone measure it, my guess is 20” oal is pretty close.

will do thanks.

Lance, maybe I am missing something but I don't know how anyone can give your recommendations for the length of your inflator hose without knowing the length of the corrugated hose first. Also does your elbow have a dump?

That said if you are saying that you think 22" is too long and 18" is too short They what about a 20"? Seems in the middle, I would check it out at a dive shop first.

Lance, maybe I am missing something but I don't know how anyone can give your recommendations for the length of your inflator hose without knowing the length of the corrugated hose first. Also does your elbow have a dump?

That said if you are saying that you think 22" is too long and 18" is too short They what about a 20"? Seems in the middle, I would check it out at a dive shop first.

I assume it does have a dump. I just had my air2 serviced. there's a white plastic that's holding the air2 inside. but i never dump that way.

right now i measured it excluding the thread that goes into the 1st stage to the end of the QD its 26in. it is long. forms a bow towards the back.

22"+2in QD will come out 24in... shorter than 26in... this maybe ok or not ok...

18in +2in QD will come out 20in... it's a 6in jump from what I have now.

Came here to ask since... manufacturer should know? everything is scubapro.

dive shop here... is being handled by people.. that can dive.. but I doubt they're that good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom