scubapro aladin one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
short version.. i dive SCUBAPRO gear and probably always will..
my son recently got certified and purchased scubapro gear which included an Aladin one dive comp.
after diving we can't get the comp to go into safety stop mode even after pushing the button to activate, we can't get it to count down the recommended 3 minutes.
we took it back to the dive shop, they tested it/dove it and sent it back to scubapro for service.
at the same time they said they have the same problem with all their Aladin one computers.

the computer manual says...""the safety stop timer will switch off automatically if the depth exceeds 21 ft or the no stop phase is shorter than 99 minutes"". ????

what does ""no stop phase is shorter than 99 minutes"" mean ???
maybe that's why we can't get the safety stop to activate??

scubapro, please clarify..
thank you

The "no stop phase" refers to how much time you have remaining until you will have to do a decompression stop.

Are you using the microbubble suppression levels? The Aladin One may not have that option. If you have a microbubble stop at, say, 10 feet, the safety stop timer will not activate until after the microbubble stop has been completed, even if it is shallower than the standard 15-foot safety stop.

Once the microbubble stop has been completed, the safety stop timer will then activate, even if you have already been at a shallower depth for a few minutes.

That is how my Aladin Sport Matrix works. Scubapro kind of dropped the ball on that. I actually contacted them about it, framing it as an issue with my computer, and the representative said that is how it is designed to operate.

i'm not sure i understand .... i would think the closer you get to a decompression stop or zero dive time remaining the more likely it would be that the computer would want you to do a recommended safety stop .... what am i missing guys ????
thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom