Scubapro A700 leaking air through mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wausman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Scubapro A700 just had it serviced only dove two dives. After the dive I flushed it with clean water as I always do. One week later went to dive again and it has a slow leak through the mouthpiece. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Flush it again real good just in case there is a little dirt causing this free flow. Then, if it is still bubbling, give it a little adjustment on the user adjustment knob. If that stops it and it is breathing well, you have a choice. Dive it like that or take it back and have the shop do a little adjustment. Sounds like the shop just tuned it a bit on the hot side. With an adjustable 2nd like the A700, that is where I'd prefer it for maximum performance.

If you can not easily stop the leak with an adjustment, take it back to the shop.

I will try flushing it again. I thought if I could get it to stop I would take it on a nice shallow dive and see how it acts. Only problem with taking it back to the shop is right after I had it serviced I moved from Indiana to San Antonio so I may have to take and pay to have it adjusted. My thoughts were just what you said they adjusted it to breath well and it was just a little to much.

I will try flushing it again. I thought if I could get it to stop I would take it on a nice shallow dive and see how it acts. Only problem with taking it back to the shop is right after I had it serviced I moved from Indiana to San Antonio so I may have to take and pay to have it adjusted. My thoughts were just what you said they adjusted it to breath well and it was just a little to much.

Another shop will probably just want to charge you for the full service again when all it probably needs is a slight adjustment. Like I said, if it is just a minor adjustment you can have the same effect using the user adjustment knob to increase cracking pressure slightly. Then again, it might be a good opportunity to get to know your local Scubapro dealers. They should check IP to verify and that is not a problem adjust the 2nd. I'm not sure whether the A700 adjusts like the G250V or the S600. It is my understanding you may have better luck with Duggans than Dive World. You might try dropping a PM to halocline. He is in SA and may be able to give you better advise.

Yes that's what I am afraid of. I have already tried adjusting the user adjustments that didn't seem to have much of a affect. But it's not really a free flow it's a slow hissing sound. But I may send a pm to halocline. Thanks

That is not good at all that the user adjustment does not stop it. That makes me suspect the problem may be IP creep at the 1st stage where it is just not quite sealing correctly. That probably will require another service of the first stage.

You're welcome to bring it by sometime; sorry I can't recommend any local shops for regulator service. In fact, one of them is part of the reason I got into DIY service.

Back
Top Bottom