ScubaNation.Com, One nation, Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to punch the hosts in the face. They don't even follow their own rules. One episode they were talking about find cool fish under the reef. You see them in one shot laying on the sand and their fins are kicking coral. Right after that shot they said not to touch the reef. Another shot shows them grab the reef again. I just want to punch them in the face!!!! As someone that goes down to the keys once a year I would like to see the reefs still be there when I go in March. For guys that supposedly do a lot a diving they remind me of amateurs. Did I mention that I just want to punch them in the face? I also agree with the other posters that they are trying WAY too hard to be "cool".

haha, I'm with you Thespis. I tried to watch the show again yesterday but I can't stand those guys. Between their poor diving and their annoying as hell personalities, I had to turn the show off.

Back in the mid 90's there was a TV show called Sport Diver with a host by the name of Doug Paulson.
Each episode would give you topside information about the destination and what to expect underwater.
There are a few videos available on Ebay and Amazon from time to time but they don't really do the show
any justice.

My point is that there are better formats to follow than the obnoxious team on SN.

Maybe by friending Doug Paulson on Facebook we can convince him to create a new modern series for us to enjoy.

Wonders of the Deep 1.jpgWonders of the Deep 2.jpg

Let us not forget the Divers Down TV show that can still be found online.

DiversDown.jpg

speaking of coral -- they recently did an episode on the Coral Restoration Foundation down in the keys -- i thought that was interesting since we can all go down there and participate in it as well. www.[B]coralrestoration[/B].org/
the actual dive footage and sites and interviews are good -- but yes i agree they tend to try a little too hard to be cool/funny on camera.

For guys that supposedly do a lot a diving they remind me of amateurs.

I like how they let their octo and everything else just hang from them. Guess they've never heard of streamlining your gear.

After watching their latest episode, we now know exactly who to blame for their poor diving! Aquatic Explorers' owner and Dive Instructor, Rachel Hernandez is to blame! She even admits it. Hey, Rachel, SLAP THEM FOR US!! Teach them buoyancy control and to STOP TOUCHING THE CORAL!!!!! The rest of the dive community thanks you!

I like the show.

I agree that the hosts can be a little annoying, but people give them a break, they're trying to entertain an audience. Some of their humor is funny. IMHO, they need to tone it down a little bit and let things flow a little more naturally. Maybe a road trip out of S. FL would attract a broader audience. All in all, not a bad first season.

Debajo Agua, my complaint with them is their HORRIBLE diving skills and lack of respect for the reef. Sure, they can be entertaining and the fact that they are showing amazing dive sites is great. Their lack of buoyancy control for divers that are supposedly experienced is abysmal. I've watched them damage countless coral with their lack of awareness in the water. When diving on a reef DO NOT TOUCH IT!! That includes with your fins and other parts of your dive equipment or body. They are like bulls in a china shop. *sigh* I'm glad I had a much better instructor than they did!

if you've got a complaint about their dive skills - leave a comment on their site, the producers do read them and the more of us that actually comment on it, the more they will listen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom