ScubaMax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben, I wouldn't know a frameless mask if if swam up and bit me on the face. Its just as mask to me. If you tell me how to ID a frameless vs frame I could tell you.

Mine is not frameless, I just looked at it. It looks older has a black frame and clear skirt actually it used to be clear skirt its kinda stained now from use.

Sorry for resurrecting a 4 year old thread, but is the current consensus the same for ScubaMax? My LDS carries alot of ScubaMax stuff and I was interested in their shoulder zip integrated hood semi-dry given that it's almost half the price of the Mares one.

alphonsis:
Sorry for resurrecting a 4 year old thread, but is the current consensus the same for ScubaMax? My LDS carries alot of ScubaMax stuff and I was interested in their shoulder zip integrated hood semi-dry given that it's almost half the price of the Mares one.
The thread is still good; ScubaMax is still cranking out the deals.
I can't recall if I mentioned it in my prior post but we use their wetsuits in a commercial environment & they have consistantly outlasted the top dollar brand name suits.
Only downside to their super stretchy neoprene is that it tends to compress a bit more than the Rubatex (if you can even find a Rubatex suit any more).
Your 7mm suit will be scrunched down to about 1/8" thick at 215'. :eyebrow:

The 1-piece suit you're probably talking about is a favorite of the NorCal ab divers.

I must put in a plug for the regs as well..I have been test diving the "flathead" 1st stage and the adj. second and it's as good as my Apeks at a fraction of the price.

Update on Scuba Max.. BCDs are good, but do not stand up to rental abuse,, octopus suck...no wait that would be too nice... free flow right from the box. regs are ok, not great. masks good.. this is Scuba Max 2008

Update on Scuba Max.. BCDs are good, but do not stand up to rental abuse,, octopus suck...no wait that would be too nice... free flow right from the box. regs are ok, not great. masks good.. this is Scuba Max 2008

octopus free flow "right from the box"?

I'm wondering if that's just your intermediate pressure in your first stage set high for the breaking pressure of that octo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom