ScubaMax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekk Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Who makes Scuba Max? How's the quality of these masks?

ScubaMax gets their masks from the same place that everyone else does.

There are only a handful of mask factories in the world, and everyone sources from them.

They had the same desgins as everyone else. SV, Mares, etc, etc. Same mask, different name.

ScubaMax's trick is that they have very flexible ordering and shipping requirements and their wholesale cost is a lot lower than their competitors.

Good quality stuff, cheap.

Peter

I own a Scubamax semi-dry and the retail cost was only $200, ($180 with my 10% discount from the LDS) while quality was very good.

They remind me of Deep See 15-20 years ago.

Read somewhere stating Scuba Max was a spin-off from Scuba Pro.

Truth? Rumor?

Read somewhere stating Scuba Max was a spin-off from Scuba Pro.
Nope, Scuba Max is owned by United Maxon, a Chinese outfit.
Good stuff at decent prices. Been doing business with them for a couple years, shortly after they began their US presence.
We use their suits while commercial seafood harvesting, have 2-3 seasons on them & they're holding up well.
Their masks are also great deals.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
I own a Scubamax semi-dry and the retail cost was only $200, ($180 with my 10% discount from the LDS) while quality was very good.
Yup... loved my 5mm hooded vest and fullsuit. Kept me warm, when my buddy was freezing in his 7mm jacket/john.
Not sure if I'd call it a semi-dry (not sure there is such a thing), but the little flap-seals in the wrists and ankles were nice.

I have one of thier masks with a clear skirt, it seems like a good mask but its a little small for my face, I had to replace it because it was always leaking. I and clean shaven no mustache nor long hair. I could never get it to seal up reliably so i replaced it.

If you want my old scuba max mask make me an offer.

My sentance structure sucks before I get my 1st pot of coffee in me.

" I and clean shaven " should have read, I am clean shaven..........

ummmmm....... complaining since I dont have a choice in my line of work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom