scubamax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever worn a Scubamax 5 or 7mm full wet suit? My old wet suit is well, OLD! I was looking at Scubamax at my LDS. They look like they're well made and semi dry. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

I dove a 5mm during my OW classes and it was ok. My biggest trouble was getting something that fit and kept me warm. I still have ScubaMax boots and again, they are ok. For the price they are worth it.

Can't say for a 5-7mm but, my son recently purchased a 3mm. Good price but, knee pad had a small separation after only 2 dives. Took it to the LDS. Scubamax told them to ship the suit back to the factory for repair. That was September 13th. Its the 23rd of October and no suit yet. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the knee pad is a fluke defect but, the after-sale service has not impressed me. Should have dabbed some Aqua Seal on it and called it a day.

MY LDS uses them for rental and, I think, sells them. I assume they wouldn't do this if they didn't have good experience with them. Haven't used one yet but anything has to be better than the Seaquest X-Flex wetsuit I've got that started falling apart after less than 25 dives!

I bought a 7mm one piece this past spring for my rescue class. I'm not fond of farmer janes - too restricting. Was comfortable and kept me warm (01 May, 53 F). Haven't worn it a lot since, so longevity unknown.

I have bought scubamax 7mm semi-dry's for my last 3 wetsuits. I get about 200 dives out of them before the neoprene compresses enough to affect warmth. They keep me warm in 50 degree water.

I had one zipper failure after about 200 dives in the first suit and I had a seam fail in the crotch in the second suit, again after about 200 dives. I have not had any other problems with knee pads, etc.

So, they are, in my opinion, a very good buy and the cost is not much more than a $1.00 per dive.

DA, Any Idea who makes their regs?

Well thanks for the imput everyone. It sounds I'd get alot of bang for the buck with a Scubamax wetsuit. So far I have a new mask by them (very comfortable, good field of vision, but really pushes on my forehead when at depth) and some old light weight booties that are due for the scrap heap, also by Scubamax.
Slowly getting my equipment up to date, then it'll be time to buy it all again!

WaterDawg:
DA, Any Idea who makes their regs?
No.
The LDS has stocked their BC's and they look good, if you like BC's, and the price is great for a weight integrated BC, but I have not seen their regulators.

Back
Top Bottom