Scubafish & Blue Planet Divers on Ko Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limirl

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be island hopping in the Andaman sea for about 12 days from March 1st visiting Koh Ngai, Koh Kradan and likely finishing with about 5 days in Ko Lanta. From my research Scubafish and Blue Planet are recommended on Lanta but Scubafish trips to Hin Daeng charges 5000 baht plus a 1000 baht long distance boat charge ($180 US!!!). That's 6000 baht compared to Blue Planet's 3800 baht, a big difference.
Is the extra cost due to the faster boat or is there more involved from a safety perspective. I haven't decided on where in Lanta to stay yet, the south island close to Scubafish appeals to me but by the time I get there I may want more access to restaurants and a bit more lively nightlife so I may stay closer to Blue Planet in Saladan.

Anyone got any opinions on these, I did read Buadhai's trip report from back in december. The difference in costs are leaning me more toward Blue Planet but I don't want to sacrifice safety above all.

Thanks guys.

Blue Planet is located in Saladan, as you already noted, which is located in the North of the island. Their trip to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang is longer compared to Scubafish' trip.

Scubafish have a very comfortable boat and offer a bit more 'luxury', also once at Hin Daeng, if there are Manta's, they may be able to complete three dives that day instead of two compared to pretty much all other operators, simply because their boat leaves from the Southern part of the island. In the good season, straight in front of Kantiang Bay.

Both operators offer good service, it's your choice to make, pending on what your preferences are once you're done with the diving. Saladan will have more nightlife to offer, although that's mainly restricted to bars, restaurants and the occasional beach party. There's no nightlife on Koh Lanta in the sense like it is in Phuket for instance, but all nighters are not necessarily ruled out.............

Hope this helps.

Hi Limirl,
I'm also heading to Koh Lanta around the same time & have been doing some extensive research of late. I've also been exchanging emails with Blue Planet Divers who seem very helpful & friendly, which also seems to be matching the good reviews I've been reading about them. They also told me you can easily get accommodation as a walk in on arrival & view before you book, which is what I'm doing now. Like most things it comes down to budget, but there seems to be a heck of a difference in price between the two. Probably best to walk in & have a chat, or just try one dive with them & see how you get on. If your not happy, move onto another one ( although BPD are getting good reviews ) & they've been helping me with many queries & are going to be my first port of call. Anyhow hope you have a good trip & I may even bump into ya.

Regards, Deano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom