ScubaBoard's 2012 Cozumel Invasion Details have been announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Invasion Crew list has been updated. If you have joined, but do not see your name or I misspelled your name please PM me.

We have also added the new map showing where the Invasion Crew is coming from, if you have joined, but your area is not posted or If I have misspelled where you are from please PM me.
If you have not signed up, what are you waiting for?
confused.gif
Is your area represented?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-2012/396543-official-2012-invasion-crew-list.html

The Invasion Crew list has been updated. If you have joined, but do not see your name or I misspelled your name please PM me.

We have also added the new map showing where the Invasion Crew is coming from, if you have joined, but your area is not posted or If I have misspelled where you are from please PM me.
confused.gif

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-2012/396543-official-2012-invasion-crew-list.html

Texas has pulled ahead of Florida for the most members going to the Invasion.

I have had a number of PM's and questions about the diving groups during the Invasion.
I am going to try to explain how it works

The boat rosters and rotations are put together by me. I use a number of thing to figure this out.
1-Experience level ( I get most of this info from your profile)
2-Past groups wanting to remain together
3-Families and friends
4-Geography (Divers with same ability from same region)
5- Places divers have visited

Is it easy, NO but this is a on going process which we have become pretty good at. Last year we had 95 people & 72 diver and I had 0 complaints.

I also get PM requests from diver all the time and we try to accommodate them the best we can.

We have complete cooperation from Dive Paradise and I can make adjustments while we are in Cozumel if needed.

Divers are divided into groups of 8 and remain together for all boat dive.
( except when some go on night dives which others choose not to go on)

Advance sites- The answer is yes, we will have some small faster boats that groups will rotate to and can visit the advanced site. Your DM must feel your group can make these dives.

Dive site are voted on by the divers on the boat regardless of the boats size.

Divers are divided into groups of 8 and will have the same DiveMasters during the entire Invasion, they will rotate with their groups to different boats each day.

There will be a DM in the water with each group(no exceptions this is a Dive Paradise policy) and they will determine when the dive is over.

If you have any other question please feel free to post them or PM me.

Last edited:
Did you know that the Invasion brought over 90 people to the Island of Cozumel last year. They ate at local resturants, went shopping, went on tours, and ventured to the mainland among other activities. :blinking:

I have had a number of PM's about the size of this group and how it will effect diving and other things while at the Invasion.

Aggiebq86 posted his impressions of last years Invasion and I believe I could not explain it better. So I copied and pasted it here.

I absolutely enjoyed my time with the group. One comment earlier caught my attention regarding diving with 100 people. If there had been 100 people at the dive site, I would have been upset. If there had been 30 people on the boat I would have been upset. Fortunately, neither one of these happened. At most we had 16 divers on a boat and 8 people in a dive group. Once we were in the water, I didn't see anyone except my 8 man dive group until we surfaced.

During our time on land you could spend as much or as little time with the rest of the invasion crew. That statement was reinforced whenever we had a get together. It was up to us to decide who we saw and what we did. I had a great time sitting around the pool with several different people that I only knew as Texas Torpedo, Scuba Jenny, Lowvizwiz, and Pansiren to name a few. Some nights we went into town for dinner and other nights we ate at Hotel Cozumel. Some nights we went into town for dinner as a group of 6 other times it was just 3 and a few nights it was just 2 of us. Unfortunately there were some I didn't really get a chance to talk with other than when we were on the boat. But, I guess that means we will have to see each other this next year.

confused.gif

Official 2012 Invasion Crew List

Florida has tied Texas for the most members going to the Invasion.
We also have our first Ever Crew member from Washington State.

Well I see Florida is head to head with Texas as far as crew count goes.

Welcome to all of the crew, both returning and new, who have signed up so far for the 2012 Invasion. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask either Cardzard or myself and we'll do our best to answer your questions.

And again,
WELCOME EVERYBODY!

Back
Top Bottom