scubaboardnews.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found an email in my junk box from info@scubaboardnews.com entitled "ScubaBoard News 11/02/10". I looked at it and it didn't look much like any newsletter I've gotten from SB in the past, kind of unprofessional actually. The page at scubaboardnews.com looks exactly like the email I got. Is this a new thing or should any more of these emails continue going to my Junk? Thanks

I was very unhappy when I received it this morning. I don't recall ever opting into it and as such it is spam. I come here nearly every damn day (during the week multiple times per day). I don't need some ugly newletter pointing me to threads that I've either read or have no interest in.

I am also not pleased that my email address was given to a third party, both for the initial mailing and for the the opting out. I get enough spam as it is, I don't need ScubaBoard adding to it.

Do I really need an email linking me to beat to death threads. "Pony or Spare Air" another BP/Wing thread. Spam, Spam Spam. I'm surprised there was no link to a snorkel thread.

Ouch!! Easy, guys, Pete's trying something different. Pete, may I suggest that you try reporting some of the insider information that you get, instead of telling us about threads we already know about. You certainly have access to items as much as other Scuba News outlets, and may very well have stuff we'd be interested in. Obviously, nothing you're sworn to secrecy about, but maybe an analysis of the PADI lawsuit (I got one from an insider with one phone call yesterday. I didn't get both sides, because all one side can do is declare what a traitor one of the parties on the other side is) or maybe an interview with some dive operators who AREN'T in a ditch at the end of the season :D , and how they are managing, even with an oil spill right here in Key West. I know you have enough content that you don't have to re-hash what we've seen in the post list anyway.

FWIW, is the target audience the "routine" folks (like mikemill - here every day) or the folks who are pretty inactive? For the inactive, the "beat to death" threads are ones with interest and opinions (that's how they were beaten, right?). So next issue, look for "split fins - are you gonna die?" to be a hot topic! :rofl3:

Actually, the "Close call in the dressing room" might not be a bad one to feature.

I am also not pleased that my email address was given to a third party, both for the initial mailing and for the the opting out. I get enough spam as it is, I don't need ScubaBoard adding to it.
This is still ScubaBoard's Newsletter. No "third party" has access to your e-mails.

Back
Top Bottom