ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cost of airfare from LA or San Francisco was a pleasant surprise. But I can't find a decent flight from KC to Manila. Right now it looks like a separate flight into LA or San Francisco, then maybe overnight there before catching the Philippines air to Manila. Then do the same thing on the return.
Google flights is showing 32 hour travel times and 2 stops.

Do we lose a day enroute? I see a non stop flight that supposedly takes 15 hours and it says it arrives in +2 days.
You must figure time from your departing city,
Example
1:00 pm on Jan 11th in LA = 6am in Manila on Jan 12th
So if you leave 1PM from LA on the 11Th
and the flight is 13 1/2 Hrs
you arrive at 7:30 Pm on the 12th in Manila.

You
actually lose more than a day because you start 15 hrs behind in LA for example.

You must figure time from your departing city,
Example
1:00 pm on Jan 11th in LA = 6am in Manila on Jan 12th
So if you leave 1PM from LA on the 11Th
and the flight is 13 1/2 Hrs
you arrive at 7:30 Pm on the 12th in Manila.

You
actually lose more than a day because you start 15 hrs behind in LA for example.
So we're going west which should be earlier in the day so we must be going over the international date line. Either way, I guess what you're saying is I need to leave in the morning of the 11th.

So we're going west which should be earlier in the day so we must be going over the international date line. Either way, I guess what you're saying is I need to leave in the morning of the 11th.
Although it seems like extras days going, you'll catch up on the days in the return trip. You could actually get back home before you left. 🤣🤣

1st time to the Philippines, and southeast Asia for that matter, so I'm going to be asking a ton of questions from now until go time. Having said that I'll try to space them out over time so as to not be too annoying. :)

For now...it looks like Philippine Airlines is by far the best value to get there. Nonstop from LA to Manila in particular is what I'm looking at. In the economy seat options they have an economy saver, an economy value, and economy flex with price increases in that order. In the fares comparison is looks like the biggest difference between those fares is higher mileage accrual. Is that accurate? It's hard to believe better seat choices, preferential boarding, other small niceties like that are not included with paying the extra cash for upgraded packages.

Can somebody with experience in traveling Philippines air clarify those observations?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom