ScubaBoard SURGE 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like there's a meetup on Saturday at 0800. I'm looking at a flight that leaves Thursday USA local, loses a day crossing the dateline (?), and gets in Saturday morning at 0530. Would a shuttle be available that early to get to the Belmont by 0800? What's the agenda for Saturday? The first day of diving is Sunday correct?

Looks like there's a meetup on Saturday at 0800. I'm looking at a flight that leaves Thursday USA local, loses a day crossing the dateline (?), and gets in Saturday morning at 0530. Would a shuttle be available that early to get to the Belmont by 0800? What's the agenda for Saturday? The first day of diving is Sunday correct?
If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to get in a day early but right now it isn't possible. So I need to figure out if getting in early Saturday would logistically work.

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to get in a day early but right now it isn't possible. So I need to figure out if getting in early Saturday would logistically work.
We'll see your questions sooner if you post in the main discussion thread

ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

You'll need to clear customs, collect your luggage, and get a taxi to the
The Belmont Hotel where ALL MEMBERS will need to Meet,
NO LATER than 8 AM on January 13, 2024 PHST
for transfers to the resort.

You may be cutting it really close and end up missing the transport.

The agenda for Saturday is several hours of travel (bus, then boat) to our 1st resort in Puerto Galera. If we get there with enough time in the day after orientation, you can even get in a dive if you want.

If your flight arrives on time and terminated at Terminal 3 then you should be fine.
Belmont Hotel is just about 10 mins walk from T3 by using the "Runway Manila"(footbridge on the 4th floor).

I'm planning a nights stay at the Belmont at the beginning and end of the trip. What is the actual last day (date/time) we will be transferred back to Manila?

I'm planning a nights stay at the Belmont at the beginning and end of the trip. What is the actual last day (date/time) we will be transferred back to Manila?
That would be the last day, the 27th.

We've done Atlantis (Puerto Galera but not Dumaguete). Loved every second and always wanted to do Dumaguete. But I also want to do Tubbataha if we are going to spend another 4 days just for travel. And we still have not done my dream of Lembeh to Raja Ampat on a liveaboard. Same travel to get there. So why am I still willing to pull trigger on this trip?
Even worse it fall between Roatan in August and Socorro in March!! Oh well, who needs to retire...... we have credit cards!!!!
Why would you want to take a liveaboard from Raja to Lembeh?

The diving at Raja deservrs a full trip and then s short flight will take you to Manado and a car (& possible boat) transfer will take you to your Lembeh resort.

But to my mind, once you fly i to Manado, do the Passport to Paradise trip which geys you divrs at Bunaken then Bangka and then Lembeh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom