Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike and Mary Ellen from Louisville, KY. just joined the crew yesterday. I was pleased that there were still rooms left. Looking forward to escaping winter and having a good time with everyone.

Now if I could just figure out how to get dive gear, camera gear, and clothes under 55 pounds. Unlikely at best. Just returned from a week long photofest at Sunset House on Grand Cayman and had at least 120 lbs of gear. Guess I'll just need to pay Cayman Air for the excess. Gotta have my stuff.

Mike and Mary Ellen from Louisville, KY. just joined the crew yesterday. I was pleased that there were still rooms left. Looking forward to escaping winter and having a good time with everyone.

Now if I could just figure out how to get dive gear, camera gear, and clothes under 55 pounds. Unlikely at best. Just returned from a week long photofest at Sunset House on Grand Cayman and had at least 120 lbs of gear. Guess I'll just need to pay Cayman Air for the excess. Gotta have my stuff.

What are you flying to Brac? My understanding is that it's only when you fly the Twin Otter to Brac that you are limited to 55 pounds per person. You can take a jet to Brac on Cayman Air and then you are allowed 2 free bags per person of 55 pounds each; see the link below:

Cayman Airways Baggage Policy | Free Baggage Allowances

When travelling to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman via the Twin Otter Service; Baggage allowance is 55 lbs per person (combined weight of up to 2 pieces) and only one 15 lb carry-on, any excess will be charged US$0.50 per pound.

KathyV,

Thanks for sharing the info.

We are on:

SAAB 340 TURBOPROP from Grand Cayman to Cayman Brac.

DEHAVILLAND 6 TWIN OTTER TURBOPROP from Cayman Brac. to Grand Cayman.

So hopefully I will only have to pay the excess baggage weight fee for the return trip. Approx. 55 lbs over on checked bags = $27.50 + Cayman factor is approx. $35US. Laptop carry-on bag weighs 15 lbs (included) plus my camera bag carry-on must weight 35 lbs. so another appox. $22 US. Total = $57US.

Assuming I'm calculating this correctly, it's the price I'll pay to have all my gear. No big deal.

Last edited:

Yes you did join yesterday,I will add you both to the Crew list when I update it on Friday.
Does Mary Ellen have a SB name?
As for shore diving since tanks are included in the package for shore diving. I am POSITIVE we will have multiple Crew members giving that a try.

WELCOME ABOARD

Last edited:
Yes you did join yesterday,I will add you both to the Crew list when I update it on Friday.
Does Mary Ellen have a SB name?
As for shore diving since tanks are included in the package for shore diving. I am POSITIVE we will have multiple Crew members giving that a try.

WELCOME ABOARD
Hey! This is Mary Ellen! Just joined. Looking forward to the trip.

How many rooms are left?

Back
Top Bottom