ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2025 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardzard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This will be our main discussion thread for the
ScubaBoard Invasion 2025 Belize
ScubaBoard will be celebrating our 25th Birthday in Belize

Let's Start with a Video

Looks good is that 3 dives per day plus the optional blue hole trip or do we have to add a day for the Blue Hole trip?

Looks good is that 3 dives per day plus the optional blue hole trip or do we have to add a day for the Blue Hole trip?
Nope. extra day is NOT needed

(Note: Blue Hole trip includes 3 boat dives which are additional to the 16 in the diver package and a lunch)

(Note: Blue Hole trip includes 3 boat dives which are additional to the 16 in the diver package and a lunch)
Wouldn’t the BBH trip in essence replace the three dives on one of the days (I.e. it’s still 16 dives for the trip)? Or am I being obtuse?

Wouldn’t the BBH trip in essence replace the three dives on one of the days (I.e. it’s still 16 dives for the trip)? Or am I being obtuse?
No it is something you can add on. So you would be diving 6 days for a total of 19 dives..
Remember nobody is flying home before noon.
After all we just 6 days of diving in Bonaire.

I saw that: "additional to the 16 in the diver package", but would not the BH trip be using up one day of our dive package, effectively reducing the package for participants to 13 dives?
Is there a way for those who choose the add on to still get in the 16 dives from the package deal?
Just curiosity, and weighing options.

Is the Blue Hole package on AIR unless we add $$ for Nitrox?

I saw that: "additional to the 16 in the diver package", but would not the BH trip be using up one day of our dive package, effectively reducing the package for participants to 13 dives?
Is there a way for those who choose the add on to still get in the 16 dives from the package deal?
Just curiosity, and weighing options.
The Blue Hole is an advanced dive for experienced divers. Most resorts in Belize structure their packages with the BH as an add-on. It's also a day trip. If you choose to not use all your dives, that's up to you, but the package is 15-day dives, and 1 night dive with the option of adding an additional 3 dive Blue Hole trip.

The BH trip will probably be on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the conditions. It's an 30 minute ride from the resort. That way if you missed your normal dives, you can make them up on Friday.

Is the Blue Hole package on AIR unless we add $$ for Nitrox?
I believe there is only 1 dive in the blue hole and then 2 additional dives at other sites. We'll double-check on that. For the deeper blue hole dive, air. For the 2 other dives, you should be able to use nitrox if you wish.

Our only previous trip to Belize, we stayed at Hamanasi, quite far to the south, several hours by boat from the Blue Hole.
The divers voted in my group to not bother.......but only a 30 mnute ride....count me in.
Back then, with that op, the plan was 1 tank air in an early AM dive at the hole, because the depth means no Nitrox, then two tanks , shollower on the return trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom