ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Safe and sound at home after 10 flight delays, and my gear bag made it to me. Good times on the trip. Happy to have met and dive with some of the OGs :)

Well our bags still have not made it to us here. Not too surprising given the chaos in Houston last night. But what is surprising and concerning is the airline hasn't added any tracking information since arrival in Houston.

Finally home at 1PM today, with less than 4 hours rest before the final 3 hour drive north on the NY State Thruway.

Our Gear, well, not so lucky there. All 4 checked bags disappeared after we hit Huston, with no hits on UA tracking since @4:15 yesterday.

It was an awesome trip, and great to meet and dive with a great variety of divers of all ages, stripes and tastes and styles! Great too, to be home again, and honestly, it is also really a relief to get the chance to drink a real beer again, and spend some time with my Plott Hound pup, Pepper!
20230625_150516_resize_13.jpg
20230625_151011_resize_30.jpg

Well our bags still have not made it to us here. Not too surprising given the chaos in Houston last night. But what is surprising and concerning is the airline hasn't added any tracking information since arrival in Houston.
The chaos in Huston barely held a flickering candle to that which greeted us in Newark.
While we were not alone in the loss of our gear bags, it is hardly any consolation knowing that literally many hundreds and hundreds of other travelers in exactly the same boat at 2 AM this morning.
I believe that Cardzard called the airlines terrorists at both the opening and closing ceremonies, and it becomes harder and harder to disagree with his observation.

Finally home at 1PM today, with less than 4 hours rest before the final 3 hour drive north on the NY State Thruway.

Our Gear, well, not so lucky there. All 4 checked bags disappeared after we hit Huston, with no hits on UA tracking since @4:15 yesterday.

It was an awesome trip, and great to meet and dive with a great variety of divers of all ages, stripes and tastes and styles! Great too, to be home again, and honestly, it is also really a relief to get the chance to drink a real beer again, and spend some time with my Plott Hound pup, Pepper!
View attachment 789514View attachment 789515
I put AirTags in all of my bags to help track them if this were to happen - good luck!

When I get an iPhone soon for a new job, I'm going to get the AirTags myself.

Back
Top Bottom