ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going and am bringing the kids as well. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with bringing kids to Cozumel and this resort. I've stayed here before, last October (the bartender probably remembers our drunken karaoke night) and I know it's very safe. I have two girls who will be 12 and 8. Thanks

We're bringing our teenage boys... 11 and 13 then. We're Flying into Cancun and doing the "bag drag." I also plan to hand them a Spanish-English dictionary and tell them to work it out on the bus and ferry. It builds character. I'll let you know how that goes :)

Part of the issue is many airlines have not put out their summer schedules yet, so when you use their website to estimate prices on different dates you're looking at spring break premiums
Thats my hope I have a price alert setup so when it drops I can jump on it.

We're bringing our teenage boys... 11 and 13 then. We're Flying into Cancun and doing the "bag drag." I also plan to hand them a Spanish-English dictionary and tell them to work it out on the bus and ferry. It builds character. I'll let you know how that goes :)

How easy is the bag drag? Airfare savings flying into Cancun are substantial.

I have done the bag drag several times. For me this is where my vacation begins. Leisurely ride to Playa then relax on the ferry while having a beer.

price is ~$300/person lower doing the drag. Not exactly sure what is involved in getting all the baggage to the ferry (taxi or bus likely) and the getting the same from the ferry to hotel Coz. Any idea what the time & costs are? getting interested........

ok just did a simple search - seems all the info is here. It's ~45 minutes from the Cancun airport to the ferry dock - so taxi or pre-arrainged transfer. Ferry is ~ 45 minutes also and is under $11/person.

Last edited:
price is ~$300/person lower doing the drag. Not exactly sure what is involved in getting all the baggage to the ferry (taxi or bus likely) and the getting the same from the ferry to hotel Coz. Any idea what the time & costs are? getting interested........

ok just did a simple search - seems all the info is here. It's ~45 minutes from the Cancun airport to the ferry dock - so taxi or pre-arrainged transfer. Ferry is ~ 45 minutes also and is under $11/person.

I allow myself 2 hrs. But I dont sweat it if I am delayed. I prefer pre-arranged transfer to ferry. They have a cold cloth & beverage of my choice waiting in van for me. There is some very good info here on scuba board in this regard. If u have any concerns feel free to message me. I am not an expert but will help where I can.

The ScubaBoard INVASION Crew List
Has Been Updated

Official ScubaBoard Invasion 2018 Crew List

We had a Couple Members dropout, their
spots were filled from the waiting list.

I encourage ALL MEMBERS that want to attend this event
to get on the waiting list.
All spots that may open up in the future will be filled from the waiting list in the order people joined the waiting list.

For Those Considering the BAG DRAG
There are a few things to keep in mind.

1. GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME
(Especially on your way home)
Missing your plane could be costly

2. PATIENCE
Remember you are on Mexican time
Buses & Ferrys run on their schedule not yours

3. BAGS WITH WHEELS
Remember you will be walking with your bags
for a few minutes at each stop

Here is a Video showing the trip