ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How easy is the bag drag? Airfare savings flying into Cancun are substantial.
No idea really. The video above is the one I
Watched. We have SWA miles, so frankly if we had to ride three horses and tie a child to the ferry roof, as the flights are damn near free, we would

How easy is the bag drag? Airfare savings flying into Cancun are substantial.

As an option to the bag drag, there are a couple regional airlines (I forgot the names, but they're easy to find... Google knows everyone) that fly between the Coz airport and the Cancun airport. We've done the bag drag both directions a couple times; last time we dragged in the beginning, CUN to Cozumel, but opted for the CZM to CUN flight to get us back on the way home.

It costs around $60 and is a decent compromise (i.e. a little more expensive than the bus and ferry, but a lot less expensive than flying directly from the US to CZM.) You can book directly on their website.

price is ~$300/person lower doing the drag. Not exactly sure what is involved in getting all the baggage to the ferry (taxi or bus likely) and the getting the same from the ferry to hotel Coz. Any idea what the time & costs are? getting interested........

ok just did a simple search - seems all the info is here. It's ~45 minutes from the Cancun airport to the ferry dock - so taxi or pre-arrainged transfer. Ferry is ~ 45 minutes also and is under $11/person.

The Ado bus is the cheapest (and probably simplest) way to get from CUN to Playa. The buses run continuously and cost about $10 pp. Their ticket window is right in the airport as you exit, and the buses are just outside the airport exit (you can't miss them unless you really try.)

It takes about an hour, and the bus terminal is a couple blocks from the ferry terminal in Playa. Very easy, convenient and cheap. You can take a taxi or private bus from CUN to Playa, but I've never found it to be worthwhile.

Ferry schedules are easy to find online. There's a couple different companies and they each run about every hour, from early morning to late evening. Very flexible and cheap... you shouldn't have any trouble finding one to fit your schedule.

......... Very easy, convenient and cheap. ..........you shouldn't have any trouble finding one to fit your schedule.

yeah doesn't seem too difficult and way cheaper for a seemingly minor annoyance of dragging our gear. now to convince the wifey that that extra $ can be used for more dive activities :)

Just booked our flights out of Cleveland for $453 each! Even though I am MUCH closer to Columbus International Airport, the savings on flights out of Cleveland allowed me to add a couple days in Coz on the front side! We'll be arriving Thursday, June 14th if anyone else is getting there early and wants to dive. Hit me up! :yeahbaby:

Dragging our bags for long distances is a special hobby of ours, and there are four of us. :tired: I'll have to think hard about this one...Not sure I'm feeling the love. It is vacation, after all, but if it means more money to spend on the next dive trip...:wink:

You really don't have to drag your bags too far doing the bag drag. Airport to bus is easy around 100 yards on smooth concrete. Bus station to ferry is 2 blocks down hill with an ocean view the whole time. Once you get to Cozumel from the ferry to the street is a little crowded but an easy walk. Toughest part is on the return going from the ferry to the bus station but there are plenty of guys with carts that will do that for you, no idea what they charge though. Besides cost another advantage of flying into Cancun is the number of flights. Often you can get a much earlier flight Cancun and be on Cozumel sooner. Same with departures, leave later, dive later the day prior.

I allow myself 2 hrs. But I dont sweat it if I am delayed. I prefer pre-arranged transfer to ferry. They have a cold cloth & beverage of my choice waiting in van for me. There is some very good info here on scuba board in this regard. If u have any concerns feel free to message me. I am not an expert but will help where I can.

How do you get a pre-arranged transfer to the ferry? What is the name of the company and how much does it cost?

In the past when I tried to find it the cost was very high compared to ADO so I took the bus, but a pre-arranged transfer is appealing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom