ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My understanding is the Cenotes and Whale Sharks are a Friday add on I plan on checking out wet rocks in the dark and am trying to get other stragglers to join us on Saturday to try for the whale sharks.

I would love to get you and others to join us.
Awww I'm getting married on that day. Maybe we can hit the cenotes before the wedding g

We are in!

For those with kids get them certified and let them dive! Our kids were 13 & 15 on our first trip to Hotel Cozumel and they did fine. You can always stay a bit shallower than the group if they are deeper than 60-70' to conserve air.

My son is 12 and we are getting him certified so he can enjoy it also

Any older teens going? My son is 16.
I'm debating about taking my son. He's 16 but will be 17 by the time the invasion rolls around. He doesn't dive, though.

[QUOTE="kelemvor, post: 8067486, member: 413470" He doesn't dive, though.[/QUOTE]

OK - that is just totally alien to me. I grew up in Cocoa Beach - I was on, or in the water at every opportunity, which, if I grew up in Key Largo would have been probably been even more so having water that clear. Does he know what he is missing? I didn't certify until 2010 even though I had friends in HS that managed to get under it - water is very murky here - 10' vis is a great day. They mostly went around bridges/docks looking for sheep head to spear and sell even though they knew sandbars (and I'm now guessing likely bulls) were frequently caught in the banana and indian rivers. Having top-to-bottom visibility, I would think anyone would be wanting to get in and under. bizarre.....

He doesn't dive, though.

OK - that is just totally alien to me. I grew up in Cocoa Beach - I was on, or in the water at every opportunity, which, if I grew up in Key Largo would have been probably been even more so having water that clear. Does he know what he is missing? I didn't certify until 2010 even though I had friends in HS that managed to get under it - water is very murky here - 10' vis is a great day. They mostly went around bridges/docks looking for sheep head to spear and sell even though they knew sandbars (and I'm now guessing likely bulls) were frequently caught in the banana and indian rivers.
He's disabled (muscular dystrophy) and so would have to go through a handicapped scuba association class or something. I approached the diveheart folks about it a year or two ago over email but they didn't seem at all interested. Combined with the fact that he's not super interested even though I wish he was, I just let it go. He does swim all the time, at home, at the beach, you name it. Like you, he is growing up in Florida.

He's disabled (muscular dystrophy) and so would have to go through a handicapped scuba association class or something. I approached the diveheart folks about it a year or two ago over email but they didn't seem at all interested. Combined with the fact that he's not super interested even though I wish he was, I just let it go. He does swim all the time, at home, at the beach, you name it. Like you, he is growing up in Florida.

Could he do the online book part at home and see if we can get some of the instructors to work with him in Cozumel and get him certified there? Remember our afternoons are free!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom