ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this thread has been quiet lately because there is nothing new to report. We are basically marking time, but I do still monitor this thread in case there are any questions. Although I cannot make time move faster, I will try to post something from time to time that will remind us of why we are waiting. This video was shot on just 1 dive, and while the viz seemed cloudy they did find a bunch of critters.

ENJOY

[vimeo]97466050[/vimeo]

Puerto Galera

ScubaBoard's Invasion 2016

Atlantis Resorts, Philippines

June 18 - July 1
2 Weeks - 2 Resorts

View attachment 186598

Atlantis Dive Resorts

ScubaBoard Invasion 2016 Package Deal

This will be our main discussion thread for this event
[
Diane and I will be moving to Batangas, just across the Verde Passage from the Atlantis resort. We leave O'ahu October 31st, and look forward to meeting all of you. If you need help or guidance re. Manila, or travel, let us know.

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2014 at 05:24 PM ----------

Janet and I are in!!

James, noted your 82nd connection. Diane just retired from the Army, I some time ago, formerly with 173rd. Make sure we get together and see where our careers crossed.

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2014 at 05:37 PM ----------

I have had a few PM's asking me what is the diving like.
As they say a Picture is worth a 1000 words, so here's a couple million.
This is the first Resort we will be staying at.

ENJOY

Diane and I have been diving in the PI since 2001. We go as a couple once a year, and I got two-three times. Summer months I work at one of the "other" resorts. We have divers from all over the world come back regularly because the diving is not only breathtaking, but diverse. The Verde Drop-off has wonderful schools, and the wall diving along the penninsula is fantastic, with Hole-In-The-Wall, Monkey Beach, and Canyons, naming just a few. Photographers will love the giant clams in the Manila Channel, and it and the Batangas Channel will provide lots of photo-ops. You guys are gonna love this ... it's a trip you don't want to miss.

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2014 at 06:07 PM ----------

Subic Bay would be great for wreck diving, only!! The silt from Mount T is at least 4 feet deep in the bay, and is very fine ... hence it is called silt!! The most note-worthy wreck is the New York, and you can't always dive on it. If the US Navy comes in for re-fueling/re-fit, the pier they use is within 100 yards of the New York. Since September 11, 2001, they put out marker bouys, and you are not allowed to motor into that perimeter. The reefs are further out, toward the mouth of the bay, where currents have kept the silt from piling up, and are not too shabby, but nothing like Puerto Galera/Sabang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom