ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2015 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whoaaa that's a lot of people lol

The 2015 Invasion will be capped at 96 divers this is to maintain the level of service needed.

Since I notice a non-diver rate option, and figure a few people will bring non-divers (e.g.: spouse, kids), I take it the non-divers will not count toward the 96?

Richard.

That's a double negative, Dennis...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just needs a comma.

No, Nitrox is NOT included in the package, but is available.

Since I notice a non-diver rate option, and figure a few people will bring non-divers (e.g.: spouse, kids), I take it the non-divers will not count toward the 96?

Richard.

Correct 96 divers... non-divers do not count toward the diver count.

Just needs a comma.

No, Nitrox is NOT included in the package, but is available.

That is Correct. Thanks, I was out all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be downer but our club stayed at hotel Cozumel last year.

I'm not going back this year.

The diving over all was great, I mean really great, you will all have a AWSOME time. That said I thought shore diving IMO is lousy, at least from their dock.

The wifi at the hotel was hit or miss. Plan for odd hours to do any uploads.

The food was awful. All buffet, often recycled endlessly. This was really a bummer IMO and totally fixable... They just didn't care.

If you get desperate the Italian place down the street is quite good, but much like everything else there not cheap.

I also kind of felt a lot of the staff was standing around with their hands out and not really untested in fixing issues. Their were definitely some exceptions (and I generally tip well)
Don't get me wrong, nobody was impolite or anything, just the vibe I got.

Nitrox was pricey, all al80 with yoke *sigh*. More or less what you would expect or dread depending on your air use and your diving gear.

Hopefully the food at least has been addresses and you guys will be delighted. Look forward to hearing that is the case :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be downer but our club stayed at hotel Cozumel last year.

I'm not going back this year.

one year can make a lot of difference, they are under new management and the vast majority of reviews are great

and if you think the staff was standing around with their hand out, you haven't been to Cuba lol

we've been to Mexico many times, i can't find nicer people then the Mexicans

but you know what they say about opinions :p

That said I thought shore diving IMO is lousy, at least from their dock.

Since we have FREE UNLIMITED shore diving, I thought I would post a video and let you see for yourself.
The shore diving is basically a nursery, and while it's not the dramatic walls and huge animals you see on the barrier reefs there is lots of life to explore. I think its a great way burn up a tank, between the shore area of Hotel Cozumel and Scuba Club there is a lot to see IMO.

[vimeo]63329987[/vimeo] [vimeo]95792902[/vimeo]

There is lots of little stuff on this shore dive if you go slow including tiny eels and seahorses. It's a place to work out any kinks on your first dive, or just explore at your leisure without current or with the group.

IMG_05694.JPG

I have had a few folks PM me about the hotel facilities and things for kids to do.
As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
They have activities going on all day.
Lets take a tour of Hotel Cozumel.

ENJOY

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom