ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2014 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ten GoPro 3+s are going through a top-off charge and will soon be packed for the trip!

It only seems fitting this loooooooong winter season, that today it is snowing in Calgary.

Sunny and 70 in Chicago:). Motorcycle weather! Still looking forward to Roatan:). Bags are all packed and sitting at the front door. Off to O'Hare at 3:00am.
Bring on the heat and sunshine!!!

Yes, we'll find them when we get there.

Do they have liquor stores on the island?

I realize you're already there but in case someone sees this you'll probably need to go to the West End. 5min. cab ride from AKR. At the entrance to the West End is the Coconut Tree Store - about 5' to the left of this photo Facilities | Scuba Diving | Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras | PADI The cab stand to return to AKR is across the street. Don't pay more than $5-8. each way. Negotiate, that may get you both ways plus having the driver wait for you. If AKR gets you the cab, there's an assumption you're tourists with money to spare.

The CTD store has snacks, a few staples, about 3 full shelves of hooch and a lot of beer in the cooler. Not open real late or real early in the morning - it is Roatan after all...:wink:

About a block to the east is Woody's market - they probably have alcohol also - can't remember. Emily's is closest to AKR but IDK if they sell alcohol. It's along the road towards Sandy Bay. Popular Grocery Stores on Roatan Island

Worst case there's Plaza Mar or Eldon's. In Coxen Hole, or near the Airport in French Harbor. $15 cab ride from AKR. This is the liquor store inside Plaza Mar. http://www.roatanisland.net/images/images_touristguide/plazam12.jpg Should someone need regular food, medical supplies etc. both Eldons and Plaza Mar are like stores in the U.S.

Raptor (black) fins for sale w/spring straps (excellent condition) - size R/Medium

fins.jpgstraps.jpg

Hey everyone coming to the Invasion, I have some fins here that I am going to sell if anyone is interested (will go on eBay after the holiday if nobody else takes the home). I ended up borrowing a different pair (same style as I use at home in cold water) from a friend to try out and now I will be buying new fins myself, so I am selling my in very great condition - Mares Raptor split fins with XS Scuba spring straps installed.

The photos ARE NOT my fins but are what the fins are (black and the style). They are size R/Medium and the straps are installed already. You can try them out here when you come if you want. I have used them for warm water vacays for two years, great fins and like mentioned, excellent condition. The spring straps themselves are BRAND NEW as I just got them and installed them before my last vacation, they were additionally an extra $75 to add to the fins but I am selling the fins intact with the springs on for $150. These are the same fins that Mary Roxanne Harmon herself wears, including the springs too I believe - great for anyone with knee problems or those folks that like to dive 4X a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom