ScubaBoard Invasion 2022 Cozumel T-Shirt Design Voting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sawzall

I have a Sawzall
For me the tradition is a problem keeping casts intact, rather than in removing them. I am good at destroying casts.
I have trashed an awful lot of casts in my lifetime, soaking them, altering them to be more comfortable, making DIY long scratchers to get at itches ( which pulled out the cotton padding, resulting in the saw cutting me.)
I had a lot of surgeries on my feet in my youth.
I hope to be in a walking cast in another 2 weeks, which is a full month before Coz, and hopefully into and out of removable brace boot before the trip.
The 6 to 8 weeks of no weight bearing is cutting things close, and the Orthopedic Surgeon never said what was coming after that period. He knows I intend to dive mid June, but he has not been specific about what to expect after that initial 6 to 8 week period.

For me the tradition is a problem keeping casts intact, rather than in removing them. I am good at destroying casts.
I have trashed an awful lot of casts in my lifetime, soaking them, altering them to be more comfortable, making DIY long scratchers to get at itches ( which pulled out the cotton padding, resulting in the saw cutting me.)
I had a lot of surgeries on my feet in my youth.
I hope to be in a walking cast in another 2 weeks, which is a full month before Coz, and hopefully into and out of removable brace boot before the trip.
The 6 to 8 weeks of no weight bearing is cutting things close, and the Orthopedic Surgeon never said what was coming after that period. He knows I intend to dive mid June, but he has not been specific about what to expect after that initial 6 to 8 week period.
Get the dm to toss your gear overboard if you have to that way you will be putting minimal weight on it.

Get the dm to toss your gear overboard if you have to that way you will be putting minimal weight on it.
My girlfriend, Colleen often does just that. She has had spine surgery, and walking with a tank is difficult.
I certainly see it as an option if needed.

I switched to sidemount trying to preserve my back now the majority of the tank weight goes onto my belt rather than my shoulders but it is sometimes nice to just fall off the boat and put my tank on in the water.

I switched to sidemount trying to preserve my back now the majority of the tank weight goes onto my belt rather than my shoulders but it is sometimes nice to just fall off the boat and put my tank on in the water.
I wasn't sure how likely they were to allow sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom