Scubaboard Book: Categories & will you contribute?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Categories:
That's a tough one. As an example, my gallery is setup like this:
Reef Scenes
Fish
Wrecks
Creatures
Corals
Divers

I'm a new underwater shutterbug but I'm willing to give it a shot with some photos. I have images in Reef Scenes, Creatures and Fish categories, around 6 shots I can pick from. When the time comes I'll submit and buy 1 or 2 books for sure.

I'm no photographer, which is why I think this idea is such a GREAT one! I can barely take photos on land and long ago gave up underwater, so I rely on you folks to do the dirty work for me. I love the idea of a collection of ScubaBoard bests and will happily contribute - even if the only thing I can contribute is a few $$$ to buy a copy.

Count me in for a book. I'll contribute pics depending on categories. I'd be willing to help screen pictures.

Just for an update, have any of the following been decided (or have I been napping again? :D): How many pages in the book and size of page? How many pictures per page and what would be the total number of pictures that will make the book?

Under the Cave catagory, make sure you add cenotes to the list... There are some very cool effects that come from the openings of these....

I have plenty of shots I would be happy to contribute. I don't mean to rain on the party but the financial PITA in me has to ask, has anyone done a rough estimate of the final cost? Before getting to wound up in the production I would think getting a good estimate of the cost and then doing a survey of the board members to see how many would but the book would be a good idea. I am be happy to contribute at any cost BUT wheather or not I would agree to buy one is dependent on the final cost. Getting published means nothing to me and the only reason I have for donating pictures would be to help the board. For $50 or so I'm in, for $500- you can still have my pictures but I'll pass on buying one.

just ordered my camera...thus not much to contribute but the promise to buy a book. I like to buy things that are unique and I think the pics that are used for this book should be as original as some of the posts on this board. Try to put something in the book that isn't in every dive mag out there.

I'm more than willing to contribute. I also don't mind screening for things like reef scenes, macro, divers, behavioural, topside etc. Things that I shoot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom