Scuba Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meng_Tze:
Maybe I am missing something. I read Women want to be treated the same as men, yet there is a special Women website?..... Hmmmmmmm. I have not seen a 'Men's' website.

But okay, I guess we are all equal, some a bit more than others :wink:

Believe me, if there was an all men's site, you probably wouldn't want to be part of it. It would give a whole new meaning to dive buddy. :11:

Meng_Tze:
Maybe I am missing something. I read Women want to be treated the same as men, yet there is a special Women website?..... Hmmmmmmm. I have not seen a 'Men's' website.

The site makes a valid point about women-specific issues. From the site:
"Think of medical issues (e.g. diving and pregnancy) and scuba gear that is not always comfortable for women (e.g. some women have a lot of difficulty finding a BCD that fits comfortably)."

I have a female diving friend who's had some problems finding equipment that fits her curves. Could this subject matter be discussed here at SB? Certainly... but perhaps some women would be more comfortable discussing it in a forum where men aren't as likely to be lurking. Of course now that the link's been posted here they'll have more lurkers... :05:

It seems like it's somewhat like women-only health clubs. Many women enjoy working out in co-ed facilities but many others enjoy the female only environment. To each their own...

I could actually see a necessity for a women's issues diving community. I haven't had problems with male buddies at all, but it allows a place for both equipment issues specific to females, as well as all those issues that diving can spark that men generally do not *want* to hear about.

I'm thinking: bcd boob squash (forget DIR, the real reason to get a backplate!), menstruation issues, urinary issues (why the makers of drysuits are a sexist male dominated cult :wink: ), pregnancy and diving, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom