Scuba watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Citizen Hyper Aqualand that I use as my primary dive watch. I also have a Rolex Submariner that I use as an everyday watch (I've yet to take it diving, though).

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
I went to K-Mart and got a $15 water resistant watch with a velcro band and huge numbers. Even if it only lasts me a few dives, it is only $15. I just strap it to my BC and go - it even has the Armitron version of Indiglo, for those dives with low vis :).

That's exactly what my daughter and I have done. I like the big numbers, and until I bought my computer it did the stopwatch and alarm functions I needed just fine. They're rated to 50m, but only mine's be down to 108'.

I'm still on my original watch, she's on her third. Her first two were replaced free by K-Mart after I took them back and showed them the water inside.

I told her not to keep getting the pink one. :)

Marc :jester:

I have heard that when diving with a digital watch (Timex, casio, etc) you are not supposed to push any buttons on the watch while it is submerged. Does anyone know of the validity of this statement? Also, anyone have one of those digital watches that has a thermometer on it? Any good underwater? Pplease respond. Thanks.

Jayson

a4lod once bubbled...
I have heard that when diving with a digital watch (Timex, casio, etc) you are not supposed to push any buttons on the watch while it is submerged.

Probably not a good idea, especially with the $20 special....however, Mine has a big backlight button which I have pressed before and had no problems.

I personally dive with a cheap Timex Reefgear. But I recently found out about the Helix line of watches by Times. They are *very* cool.

They make a watch especially for diving -- Helix D_M. It has a water temperature guage, depth guage, and other functions for diving. Might be worth checking out.

And somebody sells them on EBay for $100.

Thx...Doug

i also have a Citzen Hyper Aqualand Pro, and it acts as a complete back up to my corbra AI computer. i realy like what it does and all the logging functions, except for table calculations. got two off of Ebay(messed up on my first one, and mounted it wrong, so i lost it on a dive, Doh....) i use the 'silverfoot' velcro band from REI on all my sports watches(three) and it works great...much better than any i could find in the dive stores, or regular sports stores.

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
I have a Citizen Hyper Aqualand that I use as my primary dive watch. I also have a Rolex Submariner that I use as an everyday watch (I've yet to take it diving, though).

Be sure to look at the Seiko watches also. I received a Seiko Divers 200m as a graduation gift in 1998. Not too sure of the cost, but I think it's in the high $200's.

Haven't been too deep with it (~70ft), but it keeps perfect time, the bezel ratchet is tight, and I have yet to even put a scrape on the face.

I have to admit, I wasn't super-excited when I got it, as I (unfoundedly) thought the quality of Seiko watches wasn't that great. However, it's proved me wrong, by going through mountain-top storms in the White Mountains, hikes in the sweltering Arizona desert heat, and 5 nasty New England winters.
I absolutely love it.

Matt

I also have a Seiko dive watch, which has been with me for over ten years. It's survived a drop from the surface to 60fsw, luckily at the start of the dive so a quick S&R had it back on my wrist.

It's also been stolen when my house got broken into, and turned up at a pawnbroker two weeks later. Although I think that's just my luck, not anything to do with the quality of the watch :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom