Scuba watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rtapia

Reaction score
Need suggestions on a good scuba watch, there are so many out there I am not sure what to get...Is the Citizen's dupelx worth the $??? What about Casio?
Help
:confused:
Ron

After many failures over the years, I've been wearing a Tag Heuer for some time now and have been very happy.

Expensive, but it's been to 200 fsw, it tells time and it looks "normal" enough to wear on a day-to-day basis.

I've probably busted a half dozen dive watches over the years - cracked crystals, leaking valve stems, etc. Don't believe the depth ratings you see.

Steven

Originally posted by reefraff
I've probably busted a half dozen dive watches over the years - cracked crystals, leaking valve stems, etc. Don't believe the depth ratings you see.
Steven
Quite right. What they mean by "waterproof to 50m" is not what I mean!

I have a Citizen Duplex, so of course I'd say it's worth the bucks :wink:.

See this thread from a little while back:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8886

Mark.

I sometimes find objects lost by divers. Weight belts are by far the most common followed closely by knives. Also in the mix are watches and lights. I've lost 2 items myself - one knife and one watch.

With that in mind, I never buy an expensive knife or an expensive watch. My watch is a $30 special from Walmart. I always replace the band that comes with the watch with a velcro band.

I have used a Casio for years. I originally had a Casio G-Shock and when the plastic cover rotted away, I bought another Casio, but not a G-Shock. I do recommend a 200M Water Resistant watch. You can hardly find any watch that says "Water Proof". You may have to send a watch back to the factory to keep the Water Resistant rating. One note: The Service Merchandise store where I purchased my watch would not honor the 200M warranty after replacing the battery and suggested I send it to Casio. I will one day send my old Casio G-Shock back for a new cover, watch band, and battery. I really like that watch.

I have the citizen duplex and am very pleased with the watch. Have used it to 180 ffw. No complaints and bought it on EBAY.
Provides great info during dive and all I need for the log book.

Also have a Casio I bought at Walmart for less than $30. Have dived it to 160 ffw. Very rugged and I probably use this watch more than the duplex. Tough to beat for the money.

FWIW, I put a Velcro band on both watches. That way I may not lose either one if I pop a pin.

Just my $.02.

DSAO

Hi rtapia,
I also use a Casio G-shock. It works well, is rugged, and I like the "backlighting(?) feature. Dennis is right about looking for the "200M" water resisrance.
Good luck,
Mike

I have an $8 Armitron with velcro band from Wal Mart. Says 165 feet, been with me to 100. 30 dives on it, great shape.

My $30 Casio is water resistant to 100M. I've had it to 168 ft and plan to take it slightly deeper soon - no problems yet.

Originally posted by Walter
My $30 Casio is water resistant to 100M. I've had it to 168 ft and plan to take it slightly deeper soon - no problems yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom