Scuba version of the oil change reminder sticker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Apeks regs (XTX50/DST) got their annual service last week. I was packing to dive Saturday and realized the reminder is the scuba equivalent of the oil change reminder sticker that goes on your windshield. :rofl3:

Had anyone else seen this on their regs? The shop that serviced them said it’s something newish.

View attachment 636437

Checked one of mine just now.
Yep, good to go!
20210114_213341.jpg

My Apeks regs (XTX50/DST) got their annual service last week. I was packing to dive Saturday and realized the reminder is the scuba equivalent of the oil change reminder sticker that goes on your windshield. :rofl3:

Had anyone else seen this on their regs? The shop that serviced them said it’s something newish.

View attachment 636437

You’re going to have to explain to me that if the IP is stable, why a sealed first needs service

View attachment 636437
It is ok, the text fades away eventually...

Do you really do this in the US

And in other countries too

Don't you folks ever check your oil level and do all other basic engine checks from time to time?

Of course but the service interval for a complete oil change is different.

You’re going to have to explain to me that if the IP is stable, why a sealed first needs service

I’m not a DIY’er. My regs go in yearly like clockwork. As long as they’re maintained, how/when is my concern.

View attachment 636437
My LDS has been doing this for quite a while; as long as there is a place for the sticker. They also email a service reminder via email if you have parts for life or need service to maintain warranty.

And in other countries too
Of course but the service interval for a complete oil change is different.
In all the countries I have been, I have seen this kind of sticker in the engine bay, next to the oil intake most of the time but....on the windshield...so unstylish :) :) :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom