Scuba Valentine @ Hundred Islands, Pangasinan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gesguerra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey buddies, I came across this promo/contest saying 10 lucky scuba couples can get a chance to renew their vows underwater this coming Feb 14, 2010. in Hundred Islands, Alaminos, Pangasinan. My wife and I got interested, so we registered and got a call from the event organizer, (website here: Mulanay Experiential)

I talked to the organizer, who happened to be a friend of my aunt, and he said this is an event by the local government of Alaminos, to showcase/promote the Hundred Islands as the Underwater Wedding Capital of the country.

He says we have been considered, and will be provided free accommodations and food, and that the event will be also covered by media.

We were just wondering if any of you buddies have an idea of how diving is there? As far as we know, Hundred Islands is a National Park, but I haven't really heard that the place is known for scuba diving.

Inputs are appreciated. Cheers!!!

Nice way to spend valentines day! Congrats on your renewal of vows.

Re: diving there, i posted a thread here in SB and in diversions a couple of years back, got the same replies. Reef is dead cause of dynamite fishing, and there are too many fish pens put up. I dunno how the situation is now...

Guru's, any updates?

from what i hear, the mayor, nani braganza is trying to develop diving industry there. one of his staff asked me once to recommend underwater videographer who will shoot material for promotional vids...gratis. unfortunately, i dont have info on dive ops or quality of dives there.

@jigo, did some research on the net and yes you're right, i found that the local government there has done big efforts to revive their reefs, and that they have quite succeeded, so this must be part of the effort to promote their seas to divers again.

No offense, but I think that is wishful thinking on someones part. This would be one of my last destinations for good diving. Now if I was going to participate in reef rehab, I would go there.

Iris and van may know some about diving there. They used to be giant clam princesses of bolinao.

man, this is wide open. that no one has picked on it is a testament to how much the PPD respects both of them. :D

congrats on the vow renewal... on the other hand, based on this report, it seems you've now got a chance to run...

quit while you're ahead!!! hahahaha

kidding... have a great time!

Jag

i approve of your choice of reading material jag. hard copy would even be better.

Back
Top Bottom