SCUBA trade shows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MTFDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone, I'm a beginning diver (OW cert in October) from the Central Indiana area and I was wondering if there are any types of trade shows that manufactures will attend in mass. I know I can visit various dive shops to see different equipment but that would require traveling great distances between where I live and the LDS.

I am hoping for a quick and easy location to see, touch and even try-on before buying. Does this exist?

Thanks for the feedback.

I think it was in Fl but I reallt never pay that much attention. Its the dealers, equipment manufactors trade show. Yeah its a yearly thing

Hello MTFDiver & welcome to ScubaBoard!

DEMA is an industry "only" show that happens once a year. The primary purpose of the show is to showcase new products and for shops to purchase equipment and travel. The show does allow for direct purchases but you have to be an authorized buyer for most manufacturers to allow this and a "professional" to just get in. DEMA takes place early winter and the 2008 show will be in Las Vegas.

There are a number of consumer related events around the year and the country although for the most part they do not allow direct selling of equipment.

These shows include:
- Texas Dive Show (Houston, TV) - January 26-27
- Our World - Underwater (Rosemont, IL) - Feb 15-17
- Beneath the Sea (Secaucus, NJ) - March 28-30
- The SCUBA Show (Long Beach, CA) - June 21-22
- The Florida Dive Show (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
And others which I can't recall off the top of my head.

Some companies also do tours at varrious dive shops like the DUI Dog Days. These events can be great for seeing a select manufacturer and tend to take place at a shop where there's lots of products.

While you may not be able to purchase on the floor, you should be able to try a lot of products out and many dealers or shops will let you mail order after the show ends using special show-only prices.

And of course if you're interested in buying online, there are many sites where you can do so. Top
sites include ScubaToys, LeisurePro.com, Scuba.com, 123Scuba.com, Divers Direct and others. There are a lot of opinions and reviews on these sites which you can review for prior to making a purchase to get more insight.

Hello everyone, I'm a beginning diver (OW cert in October) from the Central Indiana area and I was wondering if there are any types of trade shows that manufactures will attend in mass. I know I can visit various dive shops to see different equipment but that would require traveling great distances between where I live and the LDS.

I am hoping for a quick and easy location to see, touch and even try-on before buying. Does this exist?

Thanks for the feedback.

DEMA is for dive shops and dive professional (instructors, etc that work in the industry). It's not a "consumer show".

For a "consumer show" closer to you check out

Our World Underwater
February 15-17, 2008
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Rosemont, Illinois
info@ourworldunderwater.com
Our World-Underwater 2008 - Home - Our World Underwater

Scubafest
April 25 - 27, 2008
Wilmington, Ohio
Scubafest 2008

:DScubaFest held in Columbus, OH is just what you need. It is affordable for both for exhibitors and attendees. It features multiple manufactures and dive shops as well as numerous travel destingations. A full slate of workshops are also available for an extra charge. In addition, the number of presentations result it something for every level of diver. Go and visit the website for ScubaFest for all of the details

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom