scuba tanks for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StanS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
If anyone is interested I have a pair of OMS Faber 108 doubles for sale on E-Bay. A great pair of deep technical diving tanks. They are priced to sell at 400.00

OMS Faber Double LP 108 Steel Scuba Tanks | eBay

---------- Post added March 28th, 2015 at 04:08 AM ----------

click on the link above to view the tanks

"OMS Faber Double LP 108 steel scuba tanks. These tanks have a fill rating of 2,400 psi. OMS dual outlet manifold with center isolation valve. The valves have inserts so you can use DIN or yoke regulators. OMS stainless steel tanks bands. The tanks are in very good condition and are highly sought after for deep technical diving. The tanks have a design life of 10,000 cycles @ 4,000psi so you will never wear them out. The last hydro date was 3/07. I have my own compressor so I did not need to hydro them .I did annually inspect the tanks and they are in very good condition. I am pricing them to sell and are available for local pickup only."

So if you haven't had the tanks Hydrostatic tested in 8 years how do you know if the tanks are within industry standards for leaks and metal strength? Normally the tanks are Hydro tested for safety reasons not so a shop will fill your tanks.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2015 at 12:27 AM ----------

With a current certified Hydro & Visual test I would say these are at a pretty good price.

The hydro test pressure on these tanks would be 4,000 psi. The tanks were designed to be filled 10,000 times at this pressure. That means you could hydro test these tanks 10,000 times. These are not aluminum tanks that have cracking or metal fatigue problems. They will out live both you and I. I have had steel oxygen tanks that had a born date in the 1940s. and are still going strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom