Scuba Sports Show in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The show wasn't as good as it was last year. Not near as many exhibitors. The outdoor sports show was included in the admission price so we still got our money's worth, $12 for two days.

Wkndbum:
The show wasn't as good as it was last year. Not near as many exhibitors. The outdoor sports show was included in the admission price so we still got our money's worth, $12 for two days.

I agree, this year wasn't as good as 2004. I spoke with a few of the local dive shop owners and many of them stated extending the show from just 2 days to 4 or 5, I can't remember which, is too costly for them to attend. Now granted they were there this year, but there may be fewer next. This doesn't disappointed me as much as the lack of manufacturers present. Some of the big guys were there, but considering how many weren't is truly disheartening.

Would anyone else like to see dive shops and manufacturers selling more gear at the event? Not to suggest turning it into a flea market, but it is a perfect way for them to bolster sales during a normally tough sales quarter due to consumers recovering from holiday spending. But, this is just two cents.

One of the guys selling rod holders told me his booth rent was $1200. Pretty hard to swallow that along with $99 per night hotel (discounted), $12 hamburger & $12 contintenal breakfast with lousy service.

I was also disapointed. I went bascially looking for equipment, i'm finally going to buy my own gear, and really didn't get any insight, this board is a much better sight for opinions and recomendations. Although I did talk to a guy from zeagle and he was a big help, and the archaelogical society (underwater) had some good peeps there. All in all though not worth the hour drive for me, from downtown.

Going to Coz feb 5th, dive with martin.
Gettin wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom