Scuba Shack/Blue Bubble moved?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well let's see: All of the boats, equipment, supplies, lockers, employees, and rental gear are still at the same location as they always were. At Roberta's, right beside Ernesto's.

So if by "moving the diveshop" you mean "Rented a little storefront downtown and changed the website" then yes. You did "move the shop."

Well let's see: All of the boats, equipment, supplies, lockers, employees, and rental gear are still at the same location as they always were. At Roberta's, right beside Ernesto's.

So if by "moving the diveshop" you mean "Rented a little storefront downtown and changed the website" then yes. You did "move the shop."

Way to say it charesml3 (Wakatobi?)
So glad you posted this.

I saw the "Sleaze" topic and thought of Roberta's problem...

Roberta has been trying to take the highroad on this dispute with her philandering ex, but when her LOYAL customers are deceived into thinking her business has moved or closed; well all I can say is I hope there is such a thing as instant karma. We have been diving with Roberta for years, even before the break-up, and as a personal observation, Roberta not Robert seemed to be the hands-on owner/operator every time. Too bad she has been doing such an exceptional job in the YEARS since Robert's absence, otherwise he might not bother with taking something that does not belong to him anymore.

We visited in November, stayed at the Village Tan-kah, and had 6 amazing days of diving with Robert's amazing crew.

Personally, I don't care what it is called because I will always dive with Roberta. Unfortunately, it has had a confusing effect on her clientele. It's just too bad that some people feel ENTITLED to things the have neither earned nor deserved. Keep up the good fight!

We'll be back for some more bottom time with Roberta in Feb for Carnaval!

I think you should keep in mind that in every dispute, there are 2 sides to the story and that its really none of anybody's business. It's impossible for an outsider to accurately judge the failure of a marriage. Dividing property owned jointly is painful for both parties. I will share that Robert is friend of mine, I do not know Roberta. I hope that their divorce and the division of their assets happens sooner rather than later so they both can move on with their lives.

I dove with Blue Bubble perhaps a decade ago. Around that time did it have Scuba Shack associated with it?

I think that the office was either on 5th south of the square or perhaps on Calle 1 or 3 just west of Ave 5.

Is my recollection close?

I dove with Blue Bubble perhaps a decade ago. Around that time did it have Scuba Shack associated with it?

I think that the office was either on 5th south of the square or perhaps on Calle 1 or 3 just west of Ave 5.

Is my recollection close?

Roberta (and I imagine Robert, I don't know for sure) bought blue bubble, I believe about 5-6 years ago, so they had basically one dive op with three names; Roberta's Dive -Eco Cozumel, Scuba Shack, and Blue Bubble. The downtown blue bubble shop closed about 3-4 years ago, but the boats remain. I've been diving with them (at the Village Tankah location next to Casa Del Mar) for about 5 years. In fact, I just returned from a trip yesterday....another excellent week of diving.

I was sad to see Robert and Roberta split up, as I've liked them both for many years. As Judy mentioned, it's impossible for anyone outside to understand the complexities of a marriage-especially one where there are shared businesses- and so the best we can do is wish the best for our friends. I can say with authority that the Village Tankah and scuba shack (at the same location) are operating as usual, with Julio still running the shop and most of the same captains and DMs I've had there for several years. Roberta is a pro and runs a quality dive op and hotel.

Yeah thats who I dove with over the 4th of July and thoroughly enjoyed it and the closeness to the Park Royal - made my vacation a breeze to walk across the street to go dive. It is just totally confusing trying to figure out which web site/facebook is which or who has control of it. :(

Roberta rocks.....though, she is like a Margaret @ Papa Hogs without the crazy spouse! :)

My apologies for appearing to sound judgmental (maybe i went too far?).
I agree that any kind of separation between partners is difficult and naturally no one but the two parties involved can know what was said and done -mea culpa.
I went over the line.
I have met Robert. He's a nice guy. I even know people here in NM who know Robert ("Roberta less so")- small world!
I just think that the sabotage-like with the internet tactics were mean-spirited, and probably not necessary; that is, only if people want to play nice, play fair, and all live together on a very small island....just my opinion.

Doesn't sound that way to me.....he has hijacked the web site which causes nothing but problems.

Does Roberta have a new website?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom