Scuba Reservations - Are they necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addict

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, going to Coz for the week of Feb 23rd (in case you didn't already know:D ).

I got signed up for one of those "Secret Hotel" trips, where they do not tell you the hotel you are staying at until you get to the airport (Apple Vacations).

I do KNOW that it is either: Fiesta Americana or Occidental Grand.

I am unsure of who I want to dive with at this point. Do you think I will need reservations? Or is there ALWAYS room for more divers at every dive place in Coz on last minute notice?

Does this make any sense?:confused:

If you do end up at FA or Occ ~ I wouldn't worry much...the on site dive shops are large enough at those hotels to be able to accomodate a few last minute add ons. You are far removed from town in both cases, so if you do plan to dive with anyone other than the on site operator, you should skedattle into town and sign up as soon as you arrive in Cozumel.
Have fun!=-)

We're also doing the Apple special except 27Feb-6Mar and had the same question about waiting to sign up to dive. Guess we'll play it by ear. The hotel should be good no matter which one we get. Ann:

Hehe - I am thinking of just waiting. If we get Occidental, I may go with Dive Plancar, if we get Dive House, we may try to get reservations with another op to come pick us up (I am unsure if we want to get into the cattle boats).

Hopefully we will not have any problems getting in 'someplace' when we get there.

I just wish I would have known it was a 'secret hotel' when I signed up. My travel agent told me it was a 'secret' until 2 weeks before you leave - then you get your itinerary and will know the hotel. So... I get the itinerary and NO hotel is listed. The stupid travel agent now tells me I have to wait until I get to the airport.

Just wish I would have known when I bought the trip :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom