Scuba Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkdawg:
It is funny how everyone has a problem with sexual innuendos. Every dive boat I have been on almost has the same conversations. We listen laugh and are part of the discussion. But when here it on the radio we cringe. I like the show it is a good way to kill time. If anyone of us had the "Brazilian swimsuit modesl" on our boat I think we would tell our friends and probly tell the same story way to many times.

Yeah, but my wife and kids aren't out on the dive boat with me. I may think some of the things said are funny, but I don't need my kids walking into the room and hearing sex jokes or them trying to get the models/mermaids naked.

FD

tkdawg:
It is funny how everyone has a problem with sexual innuendos.

Oh, don't get me wrong.... I appreciate LOOKING at Brazilian swimsuit models...:D .... I just think Greg is killing the joke.... ever hear the same joke for the third time and just say, "Man I'm sick of that joke"?

Earlier today I downloaded a bunch of their files to see what "Scuba Radio" was all about.

The banter was that of the scuba diver "caricature". Loudmouth, bragging frat-boy (if they could even get to college) types too busy talking about their boozing, cursing and other alleged "exploits" to impart any useful information to listeners. Absolutely immature drunkards wasting bandwidth and our time.

Talk about lost opportunities.

Sy

Lonefox:
Listened to about 10 minutes of it, and concluded it was painful, The presenter on the snippet I heard managed to waffle a complete load of old tosh for the duration, never really going anywhere with any interesting or relevent points, I think scubaboard has the right balance, it's generally meaningful and relevent content. This radio station on the other hand appears to have no content. At risk of getting flamed, tell me just how much can one person talk about diving and remain interesting. I love diving, I think it's a fun sport, and there are many beautiful and indescribable things, but that's the problem, it's the age old "Well you had to be there" situation. Well written narratives are a great read, but that's because someone's had time to prepare them, and pad them out with some artistic license. Personally I prefer to just get on and dive, and show people my photo's. I stop myself short of waving my hands expressively and saying "It was this big" !!
In essence it seems scuba radio have taken scuba diving, and are slowly trying to drown it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom