Scuba Pro Package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Excuse me if I have placed this in the wrong thread.
I have been looking for some new gear for sometime now. My LDS has offered me this:
MK 25 x650 reg
KnightHawk BC w/AIR2
Sherwood combo guage (depth,temp,psi)

All together I'm being offered $1199.00
Is this price good, average or what?

$1200? Good lord.

Oxycheq bp+wing, $470
Apeks ATX40 + ATX40, $408
Bottom timer, $175
OMS brass SPG, $75

Less money, you get all the warranties, and superior gear.

tboxcar:
I have been looking for some new gear for sometime now. My LDS has offered me this:
MK 25 x650 reg
KnightHawk BC w/AIR2

Its a very fair price.

tboxcar:
MK 25 x650 reg
KnightHawk BC w/AIR2

I just bought a Avid BC, Diverite Regs w/ octo, and SPG, Depth, and temp console from my LDS for $900.00. I know it is different equipment but you get a compairson.

tboxcar:
MK 25 x650 reg
KnightHawk BC w/AIR2

Sounds like a "good LDS price" (that is a relative term as you will soon learn) to me. I have the MK 25 X650 combo, and I love it. It is a great 1st stage/reg combo. I almost bought a Knighthawk, but ended up with a Seaquest Pro QD+ instead. I'll be moving to a BP/Wing combo this weekend, so the Seaquest will be for sale.

jlwest63:
I just bought a Avid BC, Diverite Regs w/ octo, and SPG, Depth, and temp console from my LDS for $900.00. I know it is different equipment but you get a compairson.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am sure if I bought a different brand of gear the price would be different. But I have my mind set on Scubpro and want to be sure to get the warranties (not 'on line' gear) so I will go through my LDS. $1,200 is a 'bit of coin to pay', but I was mainly curious as for Scuba pro gear if this was the going price or should I 'shop around'.

I think you will be very happy with it. Excellent gear all the way around. Are you sure you want to go with the AirII?

tboxcar:
MK 25 x650 reg
KnightHawk BC w/AIR2

You can get lower prices on less expensive gear, like DiveRite or Apex, but if you want ScubaPro, you have to remember that parts are free for the rest of your life. That is partly why (no pun intended) that the ScubaPro costs more, in comparison.

In the above package, the gauge will run around $100,
the B/C will run around $450,
the MK25 will run around $600,
and the x650 will run around $500;
for a total of $1650.

You are getting a 27% discount.

jonnythan:
$1200? Good lord.

Oxycheq bp+wing, $470
Apeks ATX40 + ATX40, $408
Bottom timer, $175
OMS brass SPG, $75

Less money, you get all the warranties, and superior gear.

Apex is quite good, but they are not superior to ScubaPro. Nothing is.

tboxcar:
$1,200 is a 'bit of coin to pay', but I was mainly curious as for Scuba pro gear if this was the going price or should I 'shop around'.
I would always shop around when spending that kind of money. You know what you want so why not see if another shop will give you a better deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom