scuba pro jet fins - sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ztirfritz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just received an othree drysuit, the ri-100 ccn drysuit. my drysuit boot is 8/9-8-42. these are the sizes printed on the bottom of the boot. for those of you familiar with this drysuit the boot is quite slim, not bulky at all. i have tried on both the large and x-large jet fins. both slipped in, the large requiring a little bit of work. this was done in dry conditions. opted to purchase the x-large however having doubts. how far in is the sole of the foot expected to slip in? when comparing the actualboot to the fin and how far it it could move in, it appears theres a bit more room in the front. its hard to determine how much room remains with the boot on and the fin on. any suggestions?

One thing to check is how much heel is sticking out of the back of the foot pocket when the bootie is in. Typically you only want about 2 fingers worth of the bootie sole overlapping the bottom of the fin.

Back
Top Bottom