scuba pro jet fins and what boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E.henry

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99

i got a pair of scuba pro jet fins for a killer deal recently, and like an idiot didnt check to see if my boots fit inside them.
getting home i find that they do not fit inside the fin pocket. cant return them since its a pre owned item(bairly used).
and i do like the jet fins for their simplicity and power to push a lot of weight. so my question is if anybody knows what
boots will fit inside scubapro jet fins size XL and the boots have to be size 11... diving cold water this winter means a
drysuit. and hence rock boots needed. will scubapro's size 11 drysuit boots fit in the fin pocket? or any other brand recomended?

Guess that means I gotta sell these fins, find new ones to fit my boots then :-(

I'm a size 11 ,I got a pair of Jets on Ebay. When I tried them on they wouldnt fit with my boots. I ordered a set of 5mm soft boot(somewhat like a thick sock) and they fit .Not to good for shore diving (no hard sole) but for boat diving they worked out fine. Although I wasnt thrilled about how the fit the top of fin pocket put pressure on the top of my foot. But It might have been the style that I was kicking.I'm used to splits.

@E.henry
I have size 11.5 and the XL Jets work nicely with Scubapro wet boots, DUI turbo soles with insulating booties in the drysuit, and with Converse sneaker knock-offs from Wallyworld plus a thin neoprene sock (dry or wet).
You may consider having two sizes of jets (XL and XXL) or just ditch the rockboots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom