Scuba pro C300 vs S600 what is the difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving & testing both the C300 & S600 on MK25's. I concluded that the S600 is far superior to the C300. Yes, Scubapro moved the C300 to the SubGear line. I believe this move had merit.

I have been diving & testing both the C300 & S600 on MK25's. I concluded that the S600 is far superior to the C300. Yes, Scubapro moved the C300 to the SubGear line. I believe this move had merit.

They only moved the second stage, C300, not the FS, MK25.

Does anyone know the real flow rates for Tank valves for sure or are the statements above about Tank valve flow rates just assumptions?

Hi BurhanMuntasser,

On my part they are assumptions, I've never measured K-valve flow rates, but it should be easy enough... how long does it take to drain an Aluminum 80, filled to 3,000 psi? That is, what, about 77.2 cubic feet... how quickly would that tank have to drain in order to meet or exceed the flow rates that first stages, and maybe even 2nd stages, can achieve? The tank would need to drain in well under a minute.

This older post addressed this topic.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/321487-air-flow-rate-1st-2nd-stages.html#post5009825

Pay particular attention to Greg Barlow and DA Aquamaster's posts... on this board they are both "the real deal" as far as authorities on regulator service and performance (I am not... I do service my own gear and try to learn as much as I can, but have lots to learn).

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom