Scuba Package recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boatr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All, I just signed up for scuba certifications with my fiance and we are looking for a good deal on a scuba equipment packages to use on our honeymoon. The shop that we signed up for classes at only has packages that start at $1,300 which is out of our budget range. Is anyone aware of any online retailers that provide good deals on quality packaged equipment? Or if anyone is aware of any current package deals that are available at a good price. Maybe in the 600-900 range. Thank you

Hi All, I just signed up for scuba certifications with my fiance and we are looking for a good deal on a scuba equipment packages to use on our honeymoon. The shop that we signed up for classes at only has packages that start at $1,300 which is out of our budget range. Is anyone aware of any online retailers that provide good deals on quality packaged equipment? Or if anyone is aware of any current package deals that are available at a good price. Maybe in the 600-900 range. Thank you
You have to decide what your priorities in terms of equipment are. Most equipment packages don't include exposure protection (which given what I assume will be tropical diving on your honeymoon will be a 3-5mm wetsuit for you) so you should consider getting that at your dive shop because fit is crucial. You also need to consider whether you have specific requirements in terms of your bc (eg back inflate, weight integrated, etc) and whether you want a computer. I know that almost all online sites are packages in the 400-600 range including a simple jacket bc, a reg, an octo, and analogue gauges. Feel free to pm with any questions.

ScubaToys is one option for online package deals. They offer full manufacturers warranties also: Scuba Diving Packages

LeisurePro is another online option but some of their equipment is warranteed by them. Which would mean that service would have to be done by them or paid for locally. Which is really not as big a deal as it seems. And you will likely save money buying from them. Scuba Packages | Scuba Packages at LeisurePro.com

Where have you looked locally? Send me a PM if you need some suggestions. Saguaro Sports in Mesa also advertises that they match Internet pricing so that's an option.

Last edited:
I would recommend renting first, I took a basic package when I was just certified, did not like the idea of renting, would not dive if I had to rent gear etc. Now we dive every weekend, all that orginal gear has been replaced with higher end gear. If I had of known then what I know now, would have gone with a mix on rental & purchase qualify gear over time.

Leisurepro.com has packages also, they will also package the exact items you want to save you some money also. But I would rent for a bit, that way you will be able to find out what type of diving you are intrested in and they you will be able to get a package suited for you type of diving.

Also scubatoys are good too.

PS,

The best thing to do is call them, they will work with you to tailor package that fits your needs and price range.

I would go with atomic z2 regs and aqualung ABS octopus a cressi sub bac jac BCD a scubapro cool or crystal vu mask atomic aquatic smoke on water split fins an oceanic dive computer or genniss consule that was my first package

Scubapro is running a great special right now. You buy any 1st and 2nd stage regulator
and any BC vest with an Air 2 and you get a free wrist computer (retails $458).
Check with your local S/P dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom