Scuba Newbie Looking For FLashlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the D06 too. Im gonna wait to see how this one works before I spend 300 on the better one!

I got the D06 too. Im gonna wait to see how this one works before I spend 300 on the better one!

It occurs to me, though, that once one is pondering spending $300+ on a light, might it not be a better option just to spend another 100 and get a used can light with tons of juice? The D35 isnt exactly small, so youre not saving much on bulk anyway, and a can light still seems like the most powerful hand-mounted option for which it's still possible to avoid sola-esque prices.

Best bang for your buck is the Dive Right in Scuba 1000 (1K) lumens for around $100.

I have lots of lights and like this one the best. In or out of the water.

oh man that one is nice. I may regret the D06 now. I guess Ill have to wait and see how it performs. Also if I can get a used can light for 400 ill def do that as a primary later in my dive career. That dive right in scuba light looks nice and small. IDK why I passed that up on the forum lol. Hopefully the D06 is nice otherwise I may spend more than I wanted on a backup light :/

oh man that one is nice. I may regret the D06 now. I guess Ill have to wait and see how it performs. Also if I can get a used can light for 400 ill def do that as a primary later in my dive career. That dive right in scuba light looks nice and small. IDK why I passed that up on the forum lol. Hopefully the D06 is nice otherwise I may spend more than I wanted on a backup light :/

I hear nothing but love for the DRIS 1K but I went with the D06 because it was somewhat cheaper, dimmable, and you don't have to twist it to turn it on (which struck me as an awkward move if it's in a goodman glove).

That said, I'm still considering the 1K or another light as a primary for OW rec night diving, in which case I still won't regret having bought the D06, as in my opinion it is an excellent compact backup.

Oh well I guess that is true. As long as its bright it will always make a decent backup

My D06 just came in. Its really nice. I ordered it without doing any impulse which is not usual for me and after I ordered it I thought I might not like it. But now that I have it I have to say that I am happy with it although I still haven't used it under water yet so its not completely tested. I like it so far! Thanks everyone for the recommendations everyone!

Just remember that if you leave the head screwed down all the way it will drain the battery, so unscrew it most of the way for storage. That said, be sure to screw the head on completely BEFORE you get in the water. I almost killed mine last week. On my descent, I realized that it wasn't turning on, so I screwed the head down and was relieved to see it light up. That night when I took it apart, I found droplets in the threads between the two o-rings. Close one...

Thats good advice. I am currently storing it without the battery, so I dont have to worry for now, but later when I travel and dive ill have to try to remember that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom