Scuba mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bulldoglover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the best mask in the midrange Price??? As far a comfort, vision area, leaking etc?? Thanks I currently have an Oceanics,,,

try a mares x vision
i like it!!
liquid is better but a bit more cha ching
try before you buy-most shops let you fit-up!!
those that dont-dont stay too long
as far as i'm concerned,its your first major purchase,and should be valued that way
.."you want to see underwater-thats why you're there in the first place"

have fun
yaeg

I agree with Kern, there is no one size fits all, I have had students have the least expensive and the most expensive and they report their happiness with their purchase, you should be able to walk into any shop and try em to see how they fit.. The reason they are so different is some people have long faces, some have narrow faces some round some not.. Each manufactures and even model to model make their skirts a little different along with the frames themselves... Happy hunting for your perfect mask!

best one is the one that fits you

Don't just do the suck thing.Tilt your head back with a a second stage in your mouth in the shop. Feel around the edge of the skirt and see if it contacts your skin. If it does, do the suck thing. Next, see if the shop will let you dive it or at least let you return or exchange.

Fit is most important, but I really like the TUSA Visio and Power View. They have a really soft silicon.

I am new to all this myself.

The things I have read and what the dive shop told me is the individual lens seem to be more popular. For me I liked the single lens cause the middle part bothered my vision.

As stated personal preference and how it fits.

Some things to think about.

1 - fit is obviously the most important

2 - black rather than clear serves a couple of purposes. It cuts out periferial (spelling) shadows and such and it keeps the skirt from looking grungy in short order (clear looks nasty very quickly)

3 - black skirt can also add to any claustraphobia that a diver might have from a sense of narrowed vision.

4 - a low volume mask will make clearing faster and easier, plus it will tend to keep the lens closer to your face and thus a wider range of view.

I will agree with the rest of the posts as the fit, comfort, and feel.

Personally, I LOVE the frameless Hog Predator Mask. It's given me the most peripheral vision of any mask I've ever had, it is low volume, and very comfortable. I also have a Tusa Power View and Mares X-Vision, and I will take my Hog mask any day. Good luck and whatever you get, as long as it fits you properly and you are happy, then you'll get the most out of your investment.

Thanks for the replies...After your guys input and doing some research, I ended up buying a Mares Liquid X Vision in Black..(hope I don't get claustraphobia)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom