scuba marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's pretty impressive. I wonder what his setup was to take care of nutrition, food, daily business... Was he underwater the whole time, or did he surface at times with the help of his support team?

JustAddWater once bubbled...
That's pretty impressive. I wonder what his setup was to take care of nutrition, food, daily business... Was he underwater the whole time, or did he surface at times with the help of his support team?

I read an article last week about this. I thought he was only down during daylight so I did a search and came up with several articles on this man / fundraiser.

Here are a couple quotes from the articles:

"He will go down for about an hour at a time, taking rests in a boat. "

"Mr Scott, himself a survivor of leukaemia, began his underwater journey on 28 September at the opposite end of Loch Ness in Fort Augustus and spent up to four hours a day under the 37F (3C) water, to a maximum depth of 30ft, wearing the 180lb diving suit.

Covering an average of three miles a day in almost zero visibility.."

I raised over $4500 last year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society while training to walk a marathon. I'll have to figure out something diving related for next time!

Paula

Back
Top Bottom