Scuba Lessons Jax expelled from PADI--students left in the lurch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI certifications are mostly done online now. No student signatures are required.

According to Padi's Instructor Manual a Instructor has up to 7 days to file paperwork for any certification if student has completed all requirements. Also a Instructor
cannot withhold a certification as a means of settling personal disputes.

Seems like I remember a complaint/warning posted within the past year about an instructor in Jax that was taking money and not providing c-cards in a timely fashion. Is this the same guy?

There was one not long ago around here(Jax) that people were complaining about when it came to c-cards but I'm not sure if it was him or someone else. There's a ton of shops around this area so there's no telling.

The story has been on multiple local news stations since the weekend but none really say exactly what he did so it couple be a number of things. Eventually we'll either find out or the story will disappear.

Update:
It it the same guy. Apparently he was offering a groupon deal and not filing paperwork with PADI to get people their cards. The BBB got involved.

BBB warns of Arlington scuba certificate program

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After the Better Business Bureau of Northeast Florida warned consumers about an Arlington company that certifies people to dive, News4Jax learned that the owner of Scuba Lessons Jax has been officially expelled from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors."

Website is down.Probly just change names and keep up the same high standards

Jax is hard on shops,there are a lot of clueless clowns,creeps and shady characters. A few exceptions like Bob at Atlantic Pro Dive.

Do a thorough background search on any shop,instructor or charter you use anywhere as there are a ton of incompetent boobs and ne'er do wells in the industry.When you find a gem,stick with them and make sure you give them a great review.

This was inevitable. I did my OW with Scuba Lessons Jax. Overall the instruction wasn't terrible, but I did leave feeling like I needed to learn a lot more so I did my AOW and Neutral Bouyancy with other shops/instructors.

I also had a pretty rough time getting registered with PADI and started this thread Instructor hasn't registered certification with PADI.

Got the email this morning from PADI
TqOaCA2.png

This was inevitable. I did my OW with Scuba Lessons Jax. Overall the instruction wasn't terrible, but I did leave feeling like I needed to learn a lot more so I did my AOW and Neutral Bouyancy with other shops/instructors.

I also had a pretty rough time getting registered with PADI and started this thread Instructor hasn't registered certification with PADI.

Got the email this morning from PADI View attachment 402041

Thanks for sharing the letter from PADI. Looks like his poor business habits finally caught up with him. Hopefully those students that never got C-cards will finally get their stuff.

I can't read the entire letter and would love to. Can you scan it to a PDF and upload?

IIRC, there was another instructor handing out fake PADI cards a year or two ago. I believe he had no PADI affiliation and had issued around 300 cards he made himself with PADI s logo on it. Not the same guy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom